re: [midatlanticretro] Small rescue report...

    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 2 5:19 PM
      -------- Original Message --------

      trip, but not a lot. We got a box of IBM System /3 disk packs, various
      manuals for IBM 360 / 1130 / 3 / 32, and a Toshiba T1200 laptop.

      360 Manuals are nice, good job for that. What is the copyright of the
      manuals?
      bd
    • William Donzelli
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 2 5:28 PM

        What kind of packs are they?

        --
        Will

        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 2 6:21 PM
          >> What is the copyright of the manuals?

          You mean the publishing year? I haven't had a chance to look that close.

          >> What kind of packs are they?

          Not sure. Is there a label I should look for, or, how do I tell...?
        • William Donzelli
          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 2 6:27 PM

            > You mean the publishing year? I haven't had a chance to look that close.

            Reading the document number is bttter than reading the year. These take the form (generally) of nn##-####-##. That last two (or sometimes just one) digits tell the revision level.

            > Not sure. Is there a label I should look for, or, how do I tell...?

            Any info, brand and model number. M Farris has a good cross index.

            --
            Will

            Message 5 of 7 , Mar 2 6:30 PM
              Will see if I have time to look tomorrow. Right now it is all boxed up in the car.
            • Dave
              Message 6 of 7 , Mar 3 1:24 AM
                >> Alise and I drive to Scarsdale NY today. There were some things worth
                >>the
                >trip, but not a lot. We got a box of IBM System /3 disk packs, various
                >manuals for IBM 360 / 1130 / 3 / 32, and a Toshiba T1200 laptop.
                >>

                >360 Manuals are nice, good job for that. What is the copyright of the
                >manuals?
                >bd

                1130 manuals can also be good...