Small rescue report...

    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 2 4:15 PM
      Alise and I drive to Scarsdale NY today. There were some things worth the trip, but not a lot. We got a box of IBM System /3 disk packs, various manuals for IBM 360 / 1130 / 3 / 32, and a Toshiba T1200 laptop.
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 2 5:19 PM
        > Alise and I drive to Scarsdale NY today. There were some things worth the
        trip, but not a lot. We got a box of IBM System /3 disk packs, various
        manuals for IBM 360 / 1130 / 3 / 32, and a Toshiba T1200 laptop.

        360 Manuals are nice, good job for that. What is the copyright of the
        manuals?
        bd
      • William Donzelli
        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 2 5:28 PM

          What kind of packs are they?

          --
          Will

          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 2 6:21 PM
            >> What is the copyright of the manuals?

            You mean the publishing year? I haven't had a chance to look that close.

            >> What kind of packs are they?

            Not sure. Is there a label I should look for, or, how do I tell...?
          • William Donzelli
            Message 5 of 7 , Mar 2 6:27 PM

              > You mean the publishing year? I haven't had a chance to look that close.

              Reading the document number is bttter than reading the year. These take the form (generally) of nn##-####-##. That last two (or sometimes just one) digits tell the revision level.

              > Not sure. Is there a label I should look for, or, how do I tell...?

              Any info, brand and model number. M Farris has a good cross index.

              --
              Will

              Message 6 of 7 , Mar 2 6:30 PM
                Will see if I have time to look tomorrow. Right now it is all boxed up in the car.
              • Dave
                Message 7 of 7 , Mar 3 1:24 AM
                  >> Alise and I drive to Scarsdale NY today. There were some things worth
                  >>the
                  >trip, but not a lot. We got a box of IBM System /3 disk packs, various
                  >manuals for IBM 360 / 1130 / 3 / 32, and a Toshiba T1200 laptop.
                  >>

                  >360 Manuals are nice, good job for that. What is the copyright of the
                  >manuals?
                  >bd

                  1130 manuals can also be good...