2013 hotels near Trenton Computerfest

  • s100doctor
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 2 11:37 AM
      I was asked about lodging so I took time to look up some reasonably non-sleazy non-pricy motels. There's some several miles away, and some about 20 miles away. Here's my notes, check for specific rates as my quotes are not accurate.

      March 2013

      Hotels around The College of NJ

      North of campus is the "greater Princeton area" and also areas for NYC employed. That spells expensive, hotels above $100 a night.
      South of campus is Trenton - that spells sleasy. But other
      locations in a 25 mile radius, are working/middle class hotels, many from the days before the Interstate system and/or part of the New Jersey Turnpike system or US Route 1. Those are in the $60-$80 class. That includes Bordentown NJ, not far from TCNJ.

      $64 Red Roof Inn Princeton (Rt. 1)
      $72 Howard Johnson - Princeton/Lawrenceville (Rt.1)
      $76 Comfort Inn Near Princeton (Rt. 1)

      $80 Comfort Inn, Morrisvlle, PA 19067 (Rt 1 in PA)
      (about 6 miles from TCNJ, cross river into PA)

      $70 Comfort Inn Bordentown
      $67 Bordentown-Days Inn (Rt 206)
      $79 Best Western Bordentown Inn (Rt. 206)
      $59 Ramada Bordentown (rt. 206)
      $49 Econo Lodge Inn Bordentown

      The hotels around Bordentown, are on Route 206 where it meets
      the New Jersey Turnpike, and near the I-295 entrance at Route 130
      in Hamilton NJ. That's about 20 miles travel from TCNJ - get on I-295 - I-95, loop around to Route 31/Pennington Road, then go south toward Trenton and past the College, a simple route.

      The hotels on "princeton" Route 1, are 7 miles from TCNJ, and mostly south of I-95. Again, get on I-95/I-295 loop, to Route 31. Beware! The motels NORTH of I-95 start cranking up costs!

      There's also a cluster of hotels on the NJ Turnpike near East Windsor NJ, prices in the $60-$80 and up. They are also 20 miles from TCNJ but the route to/from is local highways and harder to follow.

      There are cheaper motels in the area, but some are kinda sleasy. Others are below the Internet radar - privately owned, probably OK but not easy to get rates for.
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 2 3:49 PM
        >> $64 Red Roof Inn Princeton (Rt. 1)
        >> $76 Comfort Inn Near Princeton (Rt. 1)

        I've stayed in both hotels; they were acceptable.