Absurd version nomenclature, was Re: New Member

  • gsteemso
    Message 1 of 43 , Feb 27, 2013
      Hi guys,

      > [Evan wrote]
      >> * Just for kicks and grins, I might name the event VCF East 9.1.0.14
      >> Maintenance Release 3 Beta Build 6. :)

      I about ruptured something laughing at this, and then…

      > not a bad t shirt

      …this set me off laughing again. Good exercise for the diaphragm, I guess. I think it’s a great idea, BTW. If I lived closer than continental distances from your event I’d definitely attend and buy one.

      In any case, the reason I have temporarily delurked is to ask what is the most egregious real-life version number of that kidney that people have encountered? I vaguely recall finding mention of one about half that long when I was looking for something else (I think it was a Microsoft service pack when I was searching for something Mac-related), but unfortunately I didn’t really register the details. The longest one I _can_ remember the details of was just something of Knuth’s (TeX perhaps?), which got longer and longer, asymptotically approaching pi, as bugs were fixed. That hardly even rates a mention, though â€" not enough egregious verbiage involved.

      Gordon Steemson

      --
      the world’s only gsteemso
      Seattle Retro-Computing Society’s agitator-in-chief
      Message 43 of 43 , Feb 27, 2013
        Hi guys,