Re: [midatlanticretro] Re: New Member

  • Dan Roganti
    Message 1 of 43 , Feb 27, 2013
      On 2/27/2013 12:11 PM, orion3311 wrote:
      > Actually I'm curious - one thing I missed and REALLY wanted to see was the presentation for building a Vector monitor tester? Anyone have info (or a vid?) of that from last year's VCF (I think?).
      >
      > Arcade games and coin-op are another interest of mine. I have waaay too many hobbies.

      welcome Jeff, I'm on the other side of PA, near Pittsburgh.
      Did you mean you need to repair a vector monitor ?
      I dabble with arcades myself. But I usually have the entire game itself
      when trying to repair the vector monitor. As the built-in test is
      usually quite adequate to verify if the monitor is aligned properly.
      The workshop from last years VCFeast was actually a kit to build a
      display controller for your vintage computer. I'm currently in the
      middle of making some changes to improve the linearity. There's no video
      as of yet as it been slow going - the past year has been kinda rough.
      But I'll keep you posted.

      Dan
    • gsteemso
      Message 43 of 43 , Feb 27, 2013
        Hi guys,

        > [Evan wrote]
        >> * Just for kicks and grins, I might name the event VCF East 9.1.0.14
        >> Maintenance Release 3 Beta Build 6. :)

        I about ruptured something laughing at this, and then…

        > not a bad t shirt

        …this set me off laughing again. Good exercise for the diaphragm, I guess. I think it’s a great idea, BTW. If I lived closer than continental distances from your event I’d definitely attend and buy one.

        In any case, the reason I have temporarily delurked is to ask what is the most egregious real-life version number of that kidney that people have encountered? I vaguely recall finding mention of one about half that long when I was looking for something else (I think it was a Microsoft service pack when I was searching for something Mac-related), but unfortunately I didn’t really register the details. The longest one I _can_ remember the details of was just something of Knuth’s (TeX perhaps?), which got longer and longer, asymptotically approaching pi, as bugs were fixed. That hardly even rates a mention, though â€" not enough egregious verbiage involved.

        Gordon Steemson

        --
        the world’s only gsteemso
        Seattle Retro-Computing Society’s agitator-in-chief