Re: New Member

  • orion3311
    Message 1 of 43 , Feb 27, 2013
      I'm in Blue Bell, PA, about 20 minutes West of Philly.

      Jeff

      > >> Figured I'd join in here - I've seen your displays at TCF and hoping to attend a VCF some day too.
      >
      > Welcome Jeff. Where do you live?
      >
      > As you'll see from the current list discussion(s), we are in the process of planning our group exhibit for Trenton (March 16). This year we're doing a large exhibit focusing on the mid-1970s DIY kits. We'll be in room Armstrong 107 -- come hang out with us. Probably all going to dinner after the show.
      >
      > VCF East 9.0 is cancelled this spring, due to Sandy-related issues at our museum in Wall, NJ, but we'll be back with VCF East "9.1"* in spring 2014. We also hope to re-open our museum in the next month or so.
      >
      > - Evan
      >

      > * Just for kicks and grins, I might name the event VCF East 9.1.0.14 Maintenance Release 3 Beta Build 6. :)

    • gsteemso
      Message 43 of 43 , Feb 27, 2013
        Hi guys,

        > [Evan wrote]
        >> * Just for kicks and grins, I might name the event VCF East 9.1.0.14
        >> Maintenance Release 3 Beta Build 6. :)

        I about ruptured something laughing at this, and then…

        > not a bad t shirt

        …this set me off laughing again. Good exercise for the diaphragm, I guess. I think it’s a great idea, BTW. If I lived closer than continental distances from your event I’d definitely attend and buy one.

        In any case, the reason I have temporarily delurked is to ask what is the most egregious real-life version number of that kidney that people have encountered? I vaguely recall finding mention of one about half that long when I was looking for something else (I think it was a Microsoft service pack when I was searching for something Mac-related), but unfortunately I didn’t really register the details. The longest one I _can_ remember the details of was just something of Knuth’s (TeX perhaps?), which got longer and longer, asymptotically approaching pi, as bugs were fixed. That hardly even rates a mention, though â€" not enough egregious verbiage involved.

        Gordon Steemson

        --
        the world’s only gsteemso
        Seattle Retro-Computing Society’s agitator-in-chief