Re: [midatlanticretro] New Member

    Message 1 of 43 , Feb 27, 2013
      >> Figured I'd join in here - I've seen your displays at TCF and hoping to attend a VCF some day too.

      Welcome Jeff. Where do you live?

      As you'll see from the current list discussion(s), we are in the process of planning our group exhibit for Trenton (March 16). This year we're doing a large exhibit focusing on the mid-1970s DIY kits. We'll be in room Armstrong 107 -- come hang out with us. Probably all going to dinner after the show.

      VCF East 9.0 is cancelled this spring, due to Sandy-related issues at our museum in Wall, NJ, but we'll be back with VCF East "9.1"* in spring 2014. We also hope to re-open our museum in the next month or so.

      - Evan

      * Just for kicks and grins, I might name the event VCF East 9.1.0.14 Maintenance Release 3 Beta Build 6. :)
    • gsteemso
      Message 43 of 43 , Feb 27, 2013
        Hi guys,

        > [Evan wrote]
        >> * Just for kicks and grins, I might name the event VCF East 9.1.0.14
        >> Maintenance Release 3 Beta Build 6. :)

        I about ruptured something laughing at this, and then…

        > not a bad t shirt

        …this set me off laughing again. Good exercise for the diaphragm, I guess. I think it’s a great idea, BTW. If I lived closer than continental distances from your event I’d definitely attend and buy one.

        In any case, the reason I have temporarily delurked is to ask what is the most egregious real-life version number of that kidney that people have encountered? I vaguely recall finding mention of one about half that long when I was looking for something else (I think it was a Microsoft service pack when I was searching for something Mac-related), but unfortunately I didn’t really register the details. The longest one I _can_ remember the details of was just something of Knuth’s (TeX perhaps?), which got longer and longer, asymptotically approaching pi, as bugs were fixed. That hardly even rates a mention, though â€" not enough egregious verbiage involved.

        Gordon Steemson

        --
        the world’s only gsteemso
        Seattle Retro-Computing Society’s agitator-in-chief