New Member

  • orion3311
    Message 1 of 43 , Feb 27, 2013
      Hey guys, my name is Jeff, been working on/involved with computers since the early 90s, messing with electronics and such literally since 2nd grade, and also been attending TCF since the early 90s as well (and miss those days dearly).

      Figured I'd join in here - I've seen your displays at TCF and hoping to attend a VCF some day too.

      While I may not be from the early days I have knowledge of older hardware at least back to the XT era and maybe even further back.

      As far as my retro stuff, I have an XT I'm hoping to mess around with some day, as well as couple TRS-80s, Commodores, TI-99(would like to sell off all TI stuff), and my original Tandy 2500 386 that still works!

      (Incidentally I'm looking for a decent condition Tandy Enhanced Ps2 keyboard, I bought one recently that was not packed well and it came in destroyed.)
    • gsteemso
      Message 43 of 43 , Feb 27, 2013
        Hi guys,

        > [Evan wrote]
        >> * Just for kicks and grins, I might name the event VCF East 9.1.0.14
        >> Maintenance Release 3 Beta Build 6. :)

        I about ruptured something laughing at this, and then…

        > not a bad t shirt

        …this set me off laughing again. Good exercise for the diaphragm, I guess. I think it’s a great idea, BTW. If I lived closer than continental distances from your event I’d definitely attend and buy one.

        In any case, the reason I have temporarily delurked is to ask what is the most egregious real-life version number of that kidney that people have encountered? I vaguely recall finding mention of one about half that long when I was looking for something else (I think it was a Microsoft service pack when I was searching for something Mac-related), but unfortunately I didn’t really register the details. The longest one I _can_ remember the details of was just something of Knuth’s (TeX perhaps?), which got longer and longer, asymptotically approaching pi, as bugs were fixed. That hardly even rates a mention, though â€" not enough egregious verbiage involved.

        Gordon Steemson

        --
        the world’s only gsteemso
        Seattle Retro-Computing Society’s agitator-in-chief