re: [midatlanticretro] Hey, that's us in Wired!

    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 27, 2013
      -------- Original Message --------

      moment for the big boys, while we hobbyists go unloved"... until I saw the
      words "Bill Degnan" flash across my four eyes.

      > http://www.wired.com/wiredenterprise/2013/02/restorations-2/?pid=589
      >
      > Congrats to Bill. Also, next time mention MARCH!

      I read the article. MARCH is mentioned. There are a few errors, I did not
      restore that Vector Graphics machine, but otherwise I guess it's cool to
      be mentioned. I got a list of photos and I was asked to comment about
      them.
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 27, 2013
        >> I read the article. MARCH is mentioned.

        Where? I didn't see.
      • Evan Koblentz
        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 27, 2013
          Message 4 of 9 , Feb 27, 2013
            In one or two of the picture credits.

              The photo of the rear of the IBM 1130 processor is miscaptioned as a IBM mainframe card reader, but great to see the old iron in the article.

              Carl

              > I started reading this article and thought, "Sigh... another free press moment for the big boys, while we hobbyists go unloved"... until I saw the words "Bill Degnan" flash across my four eyes.
              >
              > http://www.wired.com/wiredenterprise/2013/02/restorations-2/?pid=589
              >
              > Congrats to Bill. Also, next time mention MARCH!

            • diagonalboard
              Message 6 of 9 , Feb 27, 2013
                I contacted the author at Wired who emailed back that this is corrected now. Haven't checked yet but should be so.

                Carl