re: [midatlanticretro] Hey, that's us in Wired!

    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 27, 2013
      What?? I did not know about this! I got a quick call from a guy at Wired,
      he asked if I could use some photos, and I said sure. He asked me a few
      questions about the hobby. I did mention MARCH btw.....I am afraid to
      look.

      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 27, 2013
        > I started reading this article and thought, "Sigh... another free press
        moment for the big boys, while we hobbyists go unloved"... until I saw the
        words "Bill Degnan" flash across my four eyes.

        > http://www.wired.com/wiredenterprise/2013/02/restorations-2/?pid=589
        >
        > Congrats to Bill. Also, next time mention MARCH!

        I read the article. MARCH is mentioned. There are a few errors, I did not
        restore that Vector Graphics machine, but otherwise I guess it's cool to
        be mentioned. I got a list of photos and I was asked to comment about
        them.
        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 27, 2013
          >> I read the article. MARCH is mentioned.

          Where? I didn't see.
        • Evan Koblentz
          Message 4 of 9 , Feb 27, 2013
            Message 5 of 9 , Feb 27, 2013
              In one or two of the picture credits.

                The photo of the rear of the IBM 1130 processor is miscaptioned as a IBM mainframe card reader, but great to see the old iron in the article.

                Carl

                > I started reading this article and thought, "Sigh... another free press moment for the big boys, while we hobbyists go unloved"... until I saw the words "Bill Degnan" flash across my four eyes.
                >
                > http://www.wired.com/wiredenterprise/2013/02/restorations-2/?pid=589
                >
                > Congrats to Bill. Also, next time mention MARCH!

              • diagonalboard
                Message 7 of 9 , Feb 27, 2013
                  I contacted the author at Wired who emailed back that this is corrected now. Haven't checked yet but should be so.

                  Carl