Re: [midatlanticretro] Hey, that's us in Wired!

  • Mike Loewen
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 27, 2013
      On Wed, 27 Feb 2013, Evan Koblentz wrote:

      > I started reading this article and thought, "Sigh... another free press moment for the big boys, while we hobbyists go unloved"... until I saw the words "Bill Degnan" flash across my four eyes.
      >
      > http://www.wired.com/wiredenterprise/2013/02/restorations-2/?pid=589
      >
      > Congrats to Bill. Also, next time mention MARCH!

      More love from Wired Magazine! Nicely done, Bill.

      ...my moment from October, 2012:

      http://www.wired.com/wiredenterprise/2012/10/movie-computers/

      Mike Loewen mloewen@...
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 27, 2013
        What?? I did not know about this! I got a quick call from a guy at Wired,
        he asked if I could use some photos, and I said sure. He asked me a few
        questions about the hobby. I did mention MARCH btw.....I am afraid to
        look.

        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 27, 2013
          > I started reading this article and thought, "Sigh... another free press
          moment for the big boys, while we hobbyists go unloved"... until I saw the
          words "Bill Degnan" flash across my four eyes.

          > http://www.wired.com/wiredenterprise/2013/02/restorations-2/?pid=589
          >
          > Congrats to Bill. Also, next time mention MARCH!

          I read the article. MARCH is mentioned. There are a few errors, I did not
          restore that Vector Graphics machine, but otherwise I guess it's cool to
          be mentioned. I got a list of photos and I was asked to comment about
          them.
          Message 4 of 9 , Feb 27, 2013
            >> I read the article. MARCH is mentioned.

            Where? I didn't see.
          • Evan Koblentz
            Message 5 of 9 , Feb 27, 2013
              Message 6 of 9 , Feb 27, 2013
                In one or two of the picture credits.

                  The photo of the rear of the IBM 1130 processor is miscaptioned as a IBM mainframe card reader, but great to see the old iron in the article.

                  Carl

                  > I started reading this article and thought, "Sigh... another free press moment for the big boys, while we hobbyists go unloved"... until I saw the words "Bill Degnan" flash across my four eyes.
                  >
                  > http://www.wired.com/wiredenterprise/2013/02/restorations-2/?pid=589
                  >
                  > Congrats to Bill. Also, next time mention MARCH!

                • diagonalboard
                  Message 8 of 9 , Feb 27, 2013
                    I contacted the author at Wired who emailed back that this is corrected now. Haven't checked yet but should be so.

                    Carl