Hey, that's us in Wired!

    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 27, 2013
      I started reading this article and thought, "Sigh... another free press moment for the big boys, while we hobbyists go unloved"... until I saw the words "Bill Degnan" flash across my four eyes.

      http://www.wired.com/wiredenterprise/2013/02/restorations-2/?pid=589

      Congrats to Bill. Also, next time mention MARCH!
    • Mike Loewen
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 27, 2013
        On Wed, 27 Feb 2013, Evan Koblentz wrote:

        > I started reading this article and thought, "Sigh... another free press moment for the big boys, while we hobbyists go unloved"... until I saw the words "Bill Degnan" flash across my four eyes.
        >
        > http://www.wired.com/wiredenterprise/2013/02/restorations-2/?pid=589
        >
        > Congrats to Bill. Also, next time mention MARCH!

        More love from Wired Magazine! Nicely done, Bill.

        ...my moment from October, 2012:

        http://www.wired.com/wiredenterprise/2012/10/movie-computers/

        Mike Loewen mloewen@...
        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 27, 2013
          What?? I did not know about this! I got a quick call from a guy at Wired,
          he asked if I could use some photos, and I said sure. He asked me a few
          questions about the hobby. I did mention MARCH btw.....I am afraid to
          look.

          Message 4 of 9 , Feb 27, 2013
            > I started reading this article and thought, "Sigh... another free press
            moment for the big boys, while we hobbyists go unloved"... until I saw the
            words "Bill Degnan" flash across my four eyes.

            > http://www.wired.com/wiredenterprise/2013/02/restorations-2/?pid=589
            >
            > Congrats to Bill. Also, next time mention MARCH!

            I read the article. MARCH is mentioned. There are a few errors, I did not
            restore that Vector Graphics machine, but otherwise I guess it's cool to
            be mentioned. I got a list of photos and I was asked to comment about
            them.
            Message 5 of 9 , Feb 27, 2013
              >> I read the article. MARCH is mentioned.

              Where? I didn't see.
            • Evan Koblentz
              Message 6 of 9 , Feb 27, 2013
                Message 7 of 9 , Feb 27, 2013
                  In one or two of the picture credits.

                    The photo of the rear of the IBM 1130 processor is miscaptioned as a IBM mainframe card reader, but great to see the old iron in the article.

                    Carl

                    > I started reading this article and thought, "Sigh... another free press moment for the big boys, while we hobbyists go unloved"... until I saw the words "Bill Degnan" flash across my four eyes.
                    >
                    > http://www.wired.com/wiredenterprise/2013/02/restorations-2/?pid=589
                    >
                    > Congrats to Bill. Also, next time mention MARCH!

                  • diagonalboard
                    Message 9 of 9 , Feb 27, 2013
                      I contacted the author at Wired who emailed back that this is corrected now. Haven't checked yet but should be so.

                      Carl