Re: [midatlanticretro] Re: Mark 8 pictures

    Message 1 of 18 , Feb 26, 2013
      Hey! Turns out my instinct was correct last night. This computer * does * open like a cabinet drawer. Pictures soon, but, for now my dinner is ready. Stay tuned. :)
      Message 2 of 18 , Feb 26, 2013
        So ... got it open, took crappy phone pictures, and then closed it / packed for bringing to Trenton.

        I can't believe how clean this system is inside!

        Put the LED banks back into the front panel holes.

        The card cage is loose on one end. As I mentioned yesterday, I think I heard a screw or nut rattling inside. Didn't want to dig too deep tonight.

        Corey, you'll have an easy time making a case for this unit. Two sides, top, back, ventilation slots, fan is needed, and hole for the power cord.
      • s100doctor
        Message 3 of 18 , Mar 5 6:04 PM

          > So ... got it open, took crappy phone pictures, and then closed it / packed for bringing to Trenton.

          Does MARCH have some original 8008 documentation? Chances are most people seeing this won't know what an 8008 is. They might know what an 8080 is. I suppose it would be best, if someone could reprint one of the Intel 8008 manuals so people can paw though it without risk of damage or worse, loss.

          it would save some wear and tear, if photos of the boards could be displayed. I suppose photos of another Mark-8 board's would be a substitute on short notice.

          Herb
        • Mike
          Message 4 of 18 , Mar 6 6:38 AM
            most of what you need in terms of 8008 documentation is online - here are couple of sites.

            http://bytecollector.com/m8_docs.htm
            http://www.scelbi.com

            I'm working on a quick reference card for the SCELBI and 8008. Much of the SCELBI side content is pertinent to the Mark 8. I will eventually get a batch printed on card stock like the old style CPU instruction set quick reference cards. It is designed so it could be folded and/or laminated. If you want a pdf of the current version (it is still being tweaked), let me know.

            Regards,
            Mike W.

            mike@...

            Message 5 of 18 , Mar 6 7:30 AM
              > most of what you need in terms of 8008 documentation is online - here are
              couple of sites.

              > http://bytecollector.com/m8_docs.htm
              > http://www.scelbi.com
              >
              > I'm working on a quick reference card for the SCELBI and 8008. Much of
              the SCELBI side content is pertinent to the Mark 8. I will eventually get
              a batch printed on card stock like the old style CPU instruction set quick
              reference cards. It is designed so it could be folded and/or laminated.
              If you want a pdf of the current version (it is still being tweaked), let
              me know.

              Also
              http://vintagecomputer.net/Scelbi/