Source for hepa filter for DEC RK05?

  • Stephen L
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 25, 2013
      Hi Folks,

      I have been restoring a PDP-8/m and RK05J disk drive. Much has been accomplished and it has come to the point that I need to insert a cartridge, to perform stand-alone tests on the RK05. (Sector pulses are required.) The filter in the unit is dated 1984 and smells kinda musty, so I'm a bit worried about it and reluctant to insert a new disk.

      Tried to buy a filter from ACPP on eBay but they never responded to the order or followups. eBay/Paypal finally refunded the purchase. (Does anyone know what happened to ACPP?) The existing filter was made by ALFCO, whose website seems to refer such things to The Filter Factory. Have sent an RFQ to them but I'm not very hopeful.

      Anyone know where I might find a filter? It was DEC's part no. 121275-01.

      Thanks, Steve L.
    • David Gesswein
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 25, 2013
        On Mon, Feb 25, 2013 at 10:35:28PM -0000, Stephen L wrote:
        > Hi Folks,
        > Anyone know where I might find a filter? It was DEC's part no. 121275-01.

        http://www.varx.com/CAT/AIR_FILTERS.HTML
      • Stephen L
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 26, 2013
          > http://www.varx.com/CAT/AIR_FILTERS.HTML

          --- Thanks, David and also to Cory, who emailed me about them. Have placed an order.

          Sincerely, Steve L.