Help making use of a Strobe model 100 plotter

  • diagonalboard
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 25, 2013
      I was recently given a small drum plotter, a Strobe 100, with a S-100 based interface card, but no documentation at all on the protocol and commands to make it operate.

      Anyone have documentation on the Strobe 100 (or the similar models 200 or 260), or any information at all to help get it drawing some simple plots.

      All I need it to do is move one unit step in the left right, forward or back position, plus move the pen off paper and on paper, pretty basic operations.

      I will be using it to create a replica IBM 1627 by putting this in an enclosure similar to that device, which was a rebadged small Calcomp plotter of the 1960s. It will be used with the replica 1130 I am building ( http://ibm1130.blogspot.com ).

      Carl
    • ekoblentz
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 25, 2013
        >> http://ibm1130.blogspot.com

        Hi Carl. Great blog!

        As you've read, we are a group based on the east coast, but all are welcome to chat here.

        Let me know if you're ever visiting out here (NYC, Philly, etc.) and we'd be happy to show you our (non working) 1130.