Re: [midatlanticretro] Tantalum Caps

  • Systems Glitch
    Message 1 of 12 , Feb 25, 2013
      > For small odd little things like that I've been turning to ebay...mainly
      > because folks there don't charge $5-10 minimum shipping charges for $1 worth
      > of components like the big online electronics places do...

      Mouser isn't too bad with their shipping, as long as you're OK with with using modern parts. I almost always have a couple of things on the parts "waiting list" that get thrown on when I have real reason to place an order.

      Thanks,
      Jonathan
    • orion3311
      Message 2 of 12 , Mar 4, 2013
        I use Digikey for small orders of components. They recognize the hobbyist and won't charge $7 shipping for something thats smaller than the stamp itself. I've done a few small components orders where they only charged $2-3 for postage.

        Jeff

        --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "DanielB" <danlb_2000@...> wrote:

        > I need to get some 33uf 25V tantalum caps to repair the IMSAI I am working on. Does anyone have a recommendation of where to get these at a reasonable price?

      • Mike
        Message 3 of 12 , Mar 6, 2013
          I believe if you mail Digikey your order with a check, they will ship for free.

          Regards,
          Mike W.

          Message 4 of 12 , Mar 6, 2013
            A check, as in a paper check? Wow. They probably do it out of
            sympathy. ;) I'm surprised anyone still uses them.

            -Dave

            On 03/06/2013 09:39 AM, Mike wrote:
            > I believe if you mail Digikey your order with a check, they will ship for free.
            >
            > Regards,
            > Mike W.
            >
            > --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "orion3311" <jeffg@...> wrote:
            >>
            >> I use Digikey for small orders of components. They recognize the hobbyist and won't charge $7 shipping for something thats smaller than the stamp itself. I've done a few small components orders where they only charged $2-3 for postage.
            >>
            >> Jeff
            >>

            >> --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "DanielB" <danlb_2000@> wrote:
            >>>
            >>> I need to get some 33uf 25V tantalum caps to repair the IMSAI I am working on. Does anyone have a recommendation of where to get these at a reasonable price?

            Dave McGuire, AK4HZ