Re: [midatlanticretro] Paper punch tape

  • Dave
    Message 1 of 12 , Feb 25, 2013
      On 25/02/2013 02:06, joshbensadon wrote:
      > Does anyone know where can I buy some 1" paper tape for a fair price?

      It depends on what you think is fair. The going rate seems to be about
      $10 to $15 a reel which is about what GNT quoted me in the UK. In the US
      WestNC have it at the same price...

      http://www.westnc.com/paper-tape-rolls.html

      but if no one else has any to sell, then they can charge what they want.

      http://sniff.numachi.com/pages/tiHAPNCEFT.html

      or search "You Tube"

      http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Three+Ha%27Pence+a+Foot&oq=Three+Ha%27Pence+a+Foot

      We seem to have got to the stage where random bits of tape with no
      provenance or context are fetching stupid prices...

      http://www.ebay.com/itm/290866896406

      > Thanks
      > Josh

      Dave
      G4UGM
    • Systems Glitch
      Message 2 of 12 , Feb 25, 2013
        > For small odd little things like that I've been turning to ebay...mainly
        > because folks there don't charge $5-10 minimum shipping charges for $1 worth
        > of components like the big online electronics places do...

        Mouser isn't too bad with their shipping, as long as you're OK with with using modern parts. I almost always have a couple of things on the parts "waiting list" that get thrown on when I have real reason to place an order.

        Thanks,
        Jonathan
      • orion3311
        Message 3 of 12 , Mar 4, 2013
          I use Digikey for small orders of components. They recognize the hobbyist and won't charge $7 shipping for something thats smaller than the stamp itself. I've done a few small components orders where they only charged $2-3 for postage.

          Jeff

          --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "DanielB" <danlb_2000@...> wrote:

          > I need to get some 33uf 25V tantalum caps to repair the IMSAI I am working on. Does anyone have a recommendation of where to get these at a reasonable price?

        • Mike
          Message 4 of 12 , Mar 6, 2013
            I believe if you mail Digikey your order with a check, they will ship for free.

            Regards,
            Mike W.

            Message 5 of 12 , Mar 6, 2013
              A check, as in a paper check? Wow. They probably do it out of
              sympathy. ;) I'm surprised anyone still uses them.

              -Dave

              On 03/06/2013 09:39 AM, Mike wrote:
              > I believe if you mail Digikey your order with a check, they will ship for free.
              >
              > Regards,
              > Mike W.
              >
              > --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "orion3311" <jeffg@...> wrote:
              >>
              >> I use Digikey for small orders of components. They recognize the hobbyist and won't charge $7 shipping for something thats smaller than the stamp itself. I've done a few small components orders where they only charged $2-3 for postage.
              >>
              >> Jeff
              >>

              >> --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "DanielB" <danlb_2000@> wrote:
              >>>
              >>> I need to get some 33uf 25V tantalum caps to repair the IMSAI I am working on. Does anyone have a recommendation of where to get these at a reasonable price?

              Dave McGuire, AK4HZ