Re: [midatlanticretro] Paper punch tape

    Message 1 of 12 , Feb 24, 2013
      evan@... wrote:

      >>> Does anyone know where can I buy some 1" paper tape for a fair
      >price?
      >
      >I think the club has extra. I defer to Jeff J. who knows the details.

      Not a lot of 1 in. Mostly badout
      --
      Sent from my PDP 8/e.
    • Dave
      Message 2 of 12 , Feb 25, 2013
        On 25/02/2013 02:06, joshbensadon wrote:
        > Does anyone know where can I buy some 1" paper tape for a fair price?

        It depends on what you think is fair. The going rate seems to be about
        $10 to $15 a reel which is about what GNT quoted me in the UK. In the US
        WestNC have it at the same price...

        http://www.westnc.com/paper-tape-rolls.html

        but if no one else has any to sell, then they can charge what they want.

        http://sniff.numachi.com/pages/tiHAPNCEFT.html

        or search "You Tube"

        http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Three+Ha%27Pence+a+Foot&oq=Three+Ha%27Pence+a+Foot

        We seem to have got to the stage where random bits of tape with no
        provenance or context are fetching stupid prices...

        http://www.ebay.com/itm/290866896406

        > Thanks
        > Josh

        Dave
        G4UGM
      • Systems Glitch
        Message 3 of 12 , Feb 25, 2013
          > For small odd little things like that I've been turning to ebay...mainly
          > because folks there don't charge $5-10 minimum shipping charges for $1 worth
          > of components like the big online electronics places do...

          Mouser isn't too bad with their shipping, as long as you're OK with with using modern parts. I almost always have a couple of things on the parts "waiting list" that get thrown on when I have real reason to place an order.

          Thanks,
          Jonathan
        • orion3311
          Message 4 of 12 , Mar 4, 2013
            I use Digikey for small orders of components. They recognize the hobbyist and won't charge $7 shipping for something thats smaller than the stamp itself. I've done a few small components orders where they only charged $2-3 for postage.

            Jeff

            --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "DanielB" <danlb_2000@...> wrote:

            > I need to get some 33uf 25V tantalum caps to repair the IMSAI I am working on. Does anyone have a recommendation of where to get these at a reasonable price?

          • Mike
            Message 5 of 12 , Mar 6, 2013
              I believe if you mail Digikey your order with a check, they will ship for free.

              Regards,
              Mike W.

              Message 6 of 12 , Mar 6, 2013
                A check, as in a paper check? Wow. They probably do it out of
                sympathy. ;) I'm surprised anyone still uses them.

                -Dave

                On 03/06/2013 09:39 AM, Mike wrote:
                > I believe if you mail Digikey your order with a check, they will ship for free.
                >
                > Regards,
                > Mike W.
                >
                > --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "orion3311" <jeffg@...> wrote:
                >>
                >> I use Digikey for small orders of components. They recognize the hobbyist and won't charge $7 shipping for something thats smaller than the stamp itself. I've done a few small components orders where they only charged $2-3 for postage.
                >>
                >> Jeff
                >>

                >> --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "DanielB" <danlb_2000@> wrote:
                >>>
                >>> I need to get some 33uf 25V tantalum caps to repair the IMSAI I am working on. Does anyone have a recommendation of where to get these at a reasonable price?

                Dave McGuire, AK4HZ