Re: [midatlanticretro] Paper punch tape

  • ekoblentz
    Message 1 of 12 , Feb 24, 2013
      >> Does anyone know where can I buy some 1" paper tape for a fair price?

      I think the club has extra. I defer to Jeff J. who knows the details.
      Message 2 of 12 , Feb 24, 2013
        evan@... wrote:

        >>> Does anyone know where can I buy some 1" paper tape for a fair
        >price?
        >
        >I think the club has extra. I defer to Jeff J. who knows the details.

        Not a lot of 1 in. Mostly badout
        --
        Sent from my PDP 8/e.
      • Dave
        Message 3 of 12 , Feb 25, 2013
          On 25/02/2013 02:06, joshbensadon wrote:
          > Does anyone know where can I buy some 1" paper tape for a fair price?

          It depends on what you think is fair. The going rate seems to be about
          $10 to $15 a reel which is about what GNT quoted me in the UK. In the US
          WestNC have it at the same price...

          http://www.westnc.com/paper-tape-rolls.html

          but if no one else has any to sell, then they can charge what they want.

          http://sniff.numachi.com/pages/tiHAPNCEFT.html

          or search "You Tube"

          http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Three+Ha%27Pence+a+Foot&oq=Three+Ha%27Pence+a+Foot

          We seem to have got to the stage where random bits of tape with no
          provenance or context are fetching stupid prices...

          http://www.ebay.com/itm/290866896406

          > Thanks
          > Josh

          Dave
          G4UGM
        • Systems Glitch
          Message 4 of 12 , Feb 25, 2013
            > For small odd little things like that I've been turning to ebay...mainly
            > because folks there don't charge $5-10 minimum shipping charges for $1 worth
            > of components like the big online electronics places do...

            Mouser isn't too bad with their shipping, as long as you're OK with with using modern parts. I almost always have a couple of things on the parts "waiting list" that get thrown on when I have real reason to place an order.

            Thanks,
            Jonathan
          • orion3311
            Message 5 of 12 , Mar 4 12:23 PM
              I use Digikey for small orders of components. They recognize the hobbyist and won't charge $7 shipping for something thats smaller than the stamp itself. I've done a few small components orders where they only charged $2-3 for postage.

              Jeff

              --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "DanielB" <danlb_2000@...> wrote:

              > I need to get some 33uf 25V tantalum caps to repair the IMSAI I am working on. Does anyone have a recommendation of where to get these at a reasonable price?

            • Mike
              Message 6 of 12 , Mar 6 6:39 AM
                I believe if you mail Digikey your order with a check, they will ship for free.

                Regards,
                Mike W.

                Message 7 of 12 , Mar 6 8:53 AM
                  A check, as in a paper check? Wow. They probably do it out of
                  sympathy. ;) I'm surprised anyone still uses them.

                  -Dave

                  On 03/06/2013 09:39 AM, Mike wrote:
                  > I believe if you mail Digikey your order with a check, they will ship for free.
                  >
                  > Regards,
                  > Mike W.
                  >
                  > --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "orion3311" <jeffg@...> wrote:
                  >>
                  >> I use Digikey for small orders of components. They recognize the hobbyist and won't charge $7 shipping for something thats smaller than the stamp itself. I've done a few small components orders where they only charged $2-3 for postage.
                  >>
                  >> Jeff
                  >>

                  >> --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "DanielB" <danlb_2000@> wrote:
                  >>>
                  >>> I need to get some 33uf 25V tantalum caps to repair the IMSAI I am working on. Does anyone have a recommendation of where to get these at a reasonable price?

                  Dave McGuire, AK4HZ