Paper punch tape

  • joshbensadon
    Message 1 of 12 , Feb 24, 2013
      Does anyone know where can I buy some 1" paper tape for a fair price?

      Thanks
      Josh
    • ekoblentz
      Message 2 of 12 , Feb 24, 2013
        >> Does anyone know where can I buy some 1" paper tape for a fair price?

        I think the club has extra. I defer to Jeff J. who knows the details.
        Message 3 of 12 , Feb 24, 2013
          evan@... wrote:

          >>> Does anyone know where can I buy some 1" paper tape for a fair
          >price?
          >
          >I think the club has extra. I defer to Jeff J. who knows the details.

          Not a lot of 1 in. Mostly badout
          --
          Sent from my PDP 8/e.
        • Dave
          Message 4 of 12 , Feb 25, 2013
            On 25/02/2013 02:06, joshbensadon wrote:
            > Does anyone know where can I buy some 1" paper tape for a fair price?

            It depends on what you think is fair. The going rate seems to be about
            $10 to $15 a reel which is about what GNT quoted me in the UK. In the US
            WestNC have it at the same price...

            http://www.westnc.com/paper-tape-rolls.html

            but if no one else has any to sell, then they can charge what they want.

            http://sniff.numachi.com/pages/tiHAPNCEFT.html

            or search "You Tube"

            http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Three+Ha%27Pence+a+Foot&oq=Three+Ha%27Pence+a+Foot

            We seem to have got to the stage where random bits of tape with no
            provenance or context are fetching stupid prices...

            http://www.ebay.com/itm/290866896406

            > Thanks
            > Josh

            Dave
            G4UGM
          • Systems Glitch
            Message 5 of 12 , Feb 25, 2013
              > For small odd little things like that I've been turning to ebay...mainly
              > because folks there don't charge $5-10 minimum shipping charges for $1 worth
              > of components like the big online electronics places do...

              Mouser isn't too bad with their shipping, as long as you're OK with with using modern parts. I almost always have a couple of things on the parts "waiting list" that get thrown on when I have real reason to place an order.

              Thanks,
              Jonathan
            • orion3311
              Message 6 of 12 , Mar 4, 2013
                I use Digikey for small orders of components. They recognize the hobbyist and won't charge $7 shipping for something thats smaller than the stamp itself. I've done a few small components orders where they only charged $2-3 for postage.

                Jeff

                --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "DanielB" <danlb_2000@...> wrote:

                > I need to get some 33uf 25V tantalum caps to repair the IMSAI I am working on. Does anyone have a recommendation of where to get these at a reasonable price?

              • Mike
                Message 7 of 12 , Mar 6, 2013
                  I believe if you mail Digikey your order with a check, they will ship for free.

                  Regards,
                  Mike W.

                  Message 8 of 12 , Mar 6, 2013
                    A check, as in a paper check? Wow. They probably do it out of
                    sympathy. ;) I'm surprised anyone still uses them.

                    -Dave

                    On 03/06/2013 09:39 AM, Mike wrote:
                    > I believe if you mail Digikey your order with a check, they will ship for free.
                    >
                    > Regards,
                    > Mike W.
                    >
                    > --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "orion3311" <jeffg@...> wrote:
                    >>
                    >> I use Digikey for small orders of components. They recognize the hobbyist and won't charge $7 shipping for something thats smaller than the stamp itself. I've done a few small components orders where they only charged $2-3 for postage.
                    >>
                    >> Jeff
                    >>

                    >> --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "DanielB" <danlb_2000@> wrote:
                    >>>
                    >>> I need to get some 33uf 25V tantalum caps to repair the IMSAI I am working on. Does anyone have a recommendation of where to get these at a reasonable price?

                    Dave McGuire, AK4HZ