Re: [midatlanticretro] Roll Call for Trenton

  • ekoblentz
    Message 1 of 12 , Feb 23, 2013
      >> Lucky techs took home old pdp's after they were de-commissioned by the original company/institutions and given a new life for home use.

      Yup! I needed a nudge to think outside of the box. Many of the ACS articles were about that. Thanks Bill.
    • ekoblentz
      Message 2 of 12 , Feb 24, 2013
        Sometimes I forget to change Bill's 'VCF' subject line back to 'Trenton'.

        PS, the first-ever real thread on our list, in early 2005, was "Who's bringing what to Trenton"...

        >> No lcd screens or modern equipment should be visible in exhibit.

        That also means for the Apple we'll load software by tape, not by iPod, unlike in the museum. :)
      • ekoblentz
        Message 3 of 12 , Feb 25, 2013
          >> Can I bring the Intel SDK-85? That's from 1977 and was popular as a hobbyist controller board and educational tool. It'll talk to a teletype over current loop too.

          I say yes. Bill, as you often remind me, the homebrew era did not come to an abrupt end when the '77 micros debuted. :)