Re: [midatlanticretro] Tantalum Caps

  • Bill Dromgoole
    Message 1 of 12 , Feb 23, 2013
      http://www.electronicsurplus.com/leftnav/capacitors/tantalum.cat

      $15.00 minimum order.

      Capacitor, tantalum. 33uF 35V.
      KEMET T350L336M035AS
      $1.00 ea.

      Capacitor, tantalum. 33uF 25V radial.
      Sprague TANT33UF/25V
      $0.35 ea.

      ----- Original Message -----
      From: "DanielB" <danlb_2000@...>
      To: <midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Saturday, February 23, 2013 12:10 PM
      Subject: [midatlanticretro] Tantalum Caps

      >I need to get some 33uf 25V tantalum caps to repair the IMSAI I am working on.
      >Does anyone have a recommendation of where to get these at a reasonable price?
      >

      > ------------------------------------
    • joshbensadon
      Message 2 of 12 , Feb 24, 2013
        Does anyone know where can I buy some 1" paper tape for a fair price?

        Thanks
        Josh
      • ekoblentz
        Message 3 of 12 , Feb 24, 2013
          >> Does anyone know where can I buy some 1" paper tape for a fair price?

          I think the club has extra. I defer to Jeff J. who knows the details.
          Message 4 of 12 , Feb 24, 2013
            evan@... wrote:

            >>> Does anyone know where can I buy some 1" paper tape for a fair
            >price?
            >
            >I think the club has extra. I defer to Jeff J. who knows the details.

            Not a lot of 1 in. Mostly badout
            --
            Sent from my PDP 8/e.
          • Dave
            Message 5 of 12 , Feb 25, 2013
              On 25/02/2013 02:06, joshbensadon wrote:
              > Does anyone know where can I buy some 1" paper tape for a fair price?

              It depends on what you think is fair. The going rate seems to be about
              $10 to $15 a reel which is about what GNT quoted me in the UK. In the US
              WestNC have it at the same price...

              http://www.westnc.com/paper-tape-rolls.html

              but if no one else has any to sell, then they can charge what they want.

              http://sniff.numachi.com/pages/tiHAPNCEFT.html

              or search "You Tube"

              http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Three+Ha%27Pence+a+Foot&oq=Three+Ha%27Pence+a+Foot

              We seem to have got to the stage where random bits of tape with no
              provenance or context are fetching stupid prices...

              http://www.ebay.com/itm/290866896406

              > Thanks
              > Josh

              Dave
              G4UGM
            • Systems Glitch
              Message 6 of 12 , Feb 25, 2013
                > For small odd little things like that I've been turning to ebay...mainly
                > because folks there don't charge $5-10 minimum shipping charges for $1 worth
                > of components like the big online electronics places do...

                Mouser isn't too bad with their shipping, as long as you're OK with with using modern parts. I almost always have a couple of things on the parts "waiting list" that get thrown on when I have real reason to place an order.

                Thanks,
                Jonathan
              • orion3311
                Message 7 of 12 , Mar 4, 2013
                  I use Digikey for small orders of components. They recognize the hobbyist and won't charge $7 shipping for something thats smaller than the stamp itself. I've done a few small components orders where they only charged $2-3 for postage.

                  Jeff

                  --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "DanielB" <danlb_2000@...> wrote:

                  > I need to get some 33uf 25V tantalum caps to repair the IMSAI I am working on. Does anyone have a recommendation of where to get these at a reasonable price?

                • Mike
                  Message 8 of 12 , Mar 6, 2013
                    I believe if you mail Digikey your order with a check, they will ship for free.

                    Regards,
                    Mike W.

                    Message 9 of 12 , Mar 6, 2013
                      A check, as in a paper check? Wow. They probably do it out of
                      sympathy. ;) I'm surprised anyone still uses them.

                      -Dave

                      On 03/06/2013 09:39 AM, Mike wrote:
                      > I believe if you mail Digikey your order with a check, they will ship for free.
                      >
                      > Regards,
                      > Mike W.
                      >
                      > --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "orion3311" <jeffg@...> wrote:
                      >>
                      >> I use Digikey for small orders of components. They recognize the hobbyist and won't charge $7 shipping for something thats smaller than the stamp itself. I've done a few small components orders where they only charged $2-3 for postage.
                      >>
                      >> Jeff
                      >>

                      >> --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "DanielB" <danlb_2000@> wrote:
                      >>>
                      >>> I need to get some 33uf 25V tantalum caps to repair the IMSAI I am working on. Does anyone have a recommendation of where to get these at a reasonable price?

                      Dave McGuire, AK4HZ