RE: [midatlanticretro] Tantalum Caps

  • Wesley Furr
    Message 1 of 12 , Feb 23, 2013
      For small odd little things like that I've been turning to ebay...mainly
      because folks there don't charge $5-10 minimum shipping charges for $1 worth
      of components like the big online electronics places do...

      Wesley

        Message 3 of 12 , Feb 24, 2013
          Does anyone know where can I buy some 1" paper tape for a fair price?

          Thanks
          Josh
        • ekoblentz
          Message 4 of 12 , Feb 24, 2013
            >> Does anyone know where can I buy some 1" paper tape for a fair price?

            I think the club has extra. I defer to Jeff J. who knows the details.
            Message 5 of 12 , Feb 24, 2013
              evan@... wrote:

              >>> Does anyone know where can I buy some 1" paper tape for a fair
              >price?
              >
              >I think the club has extra. I defer to Jeff J. who knows the details.

              Not a lot of 1 in. Mostly badout
              --
              Sent from my PDP 8/e.
            • Dave
              Message 6 of 12 , Feb 25, 2013
                On 25/02/2013 02:06, joshbensadon wrote:
                > Does anyone know where can I buy some 1" paper tape for a fair price?

                It depends on what you think is fair. The going rate seems to be about
                $10 to $15 a reel which is about what GNT quoted me in the UK. In the US
                WestNC have it at the same price...

                http://www.westnc.com/paper-tape-rolls.html

                but if no one else has any to sell, then they can charge what they want.

                http://sniff.numachi.com/pages/tiHAPNCEFT.html

                or search "You Tube"

                http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Three+Ha%27Pence+a+Foot&oq=Three+Ha%27Pence+a+Foot

                We seem to have got to the stage where random bits of tape with no
                provenance or context are fetching stupid prices...

                http://www.ebay.com/itm/290866896406

                > Thanks
                > Josh

                Dave
                G4UGM
              • Systems Glitch
                Message 7 of 12 , Feb 25, 2013
                  > For small odd little things like that I've been turning to ebay...mainly
                  > because folks there don't charge $5-10 minimum shipping charges for $1 worth
                  > of components like the big online electronics places do...

                  Mouser isn't too bad with their shipping, as long as you're OK with with using modern parts. I almost always have a couple of things on the parts "waiting list" that get thrown on when I have real reason to place an order.

                  Thanks,
                  Jonathan
                • orion3311
                  Message 8 of 12 , Mar 4, 2013
                    I use Digikey for small orders of components. They recognize the hobbyist and won't charge $7 shipping for something thats smaller than the stamp itself. I've done a few small components orders where they only charged $2-3 for postage.

                    Jeff

                    --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "DanielB" <danlb_2000@...> wrote:

                    > I need to get some 33uf 25V tantalum caps to repair the IMSAI I am working on. Does anyone have a recommendation of where to get these at a reasonable price?

                  • Mike
                    Message 9 of 12 , Mar 6, 2013
                      I believe if you mail Digikey your order with a check, they will ship for free.

                      Regards,
                      Mike W.

                      Message 10 of 12 , Mar 6, 2013
                        A check, as in a paper check? Wow. They probably do it out of
                        sympathy. ;) I'm surprised anyone still uses them.

                        -Dave

                        On 03/06/2013 09:39 AM, Mike wrote:
                        > I believe if you mail Digikey your order with a check, they will ship for free.
                        >
                        > Regards,
                        > Mike W.
                        >
                        > --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "orion3311" <jeffg@...> wrote:
                        >>
                        >> I use Digikey for small orders of components. They recognize the hobbyist and won't charge $7 shipping for something thats smaller than the stamp itself. I've done a few small components orders where they only charged $2-3 for postage.
                        >>
                        >> Jeff
                        >>

                        >> --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "DanielB" <danlb_2000@> wrote:
                        >>>
                        >>> I need to get some 33uf 25V tantalum caps to repair the IMSAI I am working on. Does anyone have a recommendation of where to get these at a reasonable price?

                        Dave McGuire, AK4HZ