Re: [midatlanticretro] Tantalum Caps

  • Bryan Pope
    Message 1 of 12 , Feb 23, 2013
      On 2/23/2013 12:10 PM, DanielB wrote:

      I need to get some 33uf 25V tantalum caps to repair the IMSAI I am working on. Does anyone have a recommendation of where to get these at a reasonable price?

      Unicorn Electronics?  http://www.unicornelectronics.com/Capacitors/CP.html
      $1.99 1-24   $1.89 25-99

      The only thing you have to worry about is the $25.00 minimum order.

      Cheers,

      Bryan

    • Wesley Furr
      Message 2 of 12 , Feb 23, 2013
        For small odd little things like that I've been turning to ebay...mainly
        because folks there don't charge $5-10 minimum shipping charges for $1 worth
        of components like the big online electronics places do...

        Wesley

        I need to get some 33uf 25V tantalum caps to repair the IMSAI I am working
        on. Does anyone have a recommendation of where to get these at a reasonable
        price?
      • Bill Dromgoole
        Message 3 of 12 , Feb 23, 2013
          http://www.electronicsurplus.com/leftnav/capacitors/tantalum.cat

          $15.00 minimum order.

          Capacitor, tantalum. 33uF 35V.
          KEMET T350L336M035AS
          $1.00 ea.

          Capacitor, tantalum. 33uF 25V radial.
          Sprague TANT33UF/25V
          $0.35 ea.

          >I need to get some 33uf 25V tantalum caps to repair the IMSAI I am working on.
          >Does anyone have a recommendation of where to get these at a reasonable price?
          >

          > ------------------------------------
        • joshbensadon
          Message 4 of 12 , Feb 24, 2013
            Does anyone know where can I buy some 1" paper tape for a fair price?

            Thanks
            Josh
          • ekoblentz
            Message 5 of 12 , Feb 24, 2013
              >> Does anyone know where can I buy some 1" paper tape for a fair price?

              I think the club has extra. I defer to Jeff J. who knows the details.
              Message 6 of 12 , Feb 24, 2013
                evan@... wrote:

                >>> Does anyone know where can I buy some 1" paper tape for a fair
                >price?
                >
                >I think the club has extra. I defer to Jeff J. who knows the details.

                Not a lot of 1 in. Mostly badout
                --
                Sent from my PDP 8/e.
              • Dave
                Message 7 of 12 , Feb 25, 2013
                  On 25/02/2013 02:06, joshbensadon wrote:
                  > Does anyone know where can I buy some 1" paper tape for a fair price?

                  It depends on what you think is fair. The going rate seems to be about
                  $10 to $15 a reel which is about what GNT quoted me in the UK. In the US
                  WestNC have it at the same price...

                  http://www.westnc.com/paper-tape-rolls.html

                  but if no one else has any to sell, then they can charge what they want.

                  http://sniff.numachi.com/pages/tiHAPNCEFT.html

                  or search "You Tube"

                  http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Three+Ha%27Pence+a+Foot&oq=Three+Ha%27Pence+a+Foot

                  We seem to have got to the stage where random bits of tape with no
                  provenance or context are fetching stupid prices...

                  http://www.ebay.com/itm/290866896406

                  > Thanks
                  > Josh

                  Dave
                  G4UGM
                • Systems Glitch
                  Message 8 of 12 , Feb 25, 2013
                    > For small odd little things like that I've been turning to ebay...mainly
                    > because folks there don't charge $5-10 minimum shipping charges for $1 worth
                    > of components like the big online electronics places do...

                    Mouser isn't too bad with their shipping, as long as you're OK with with using modern parts. I almost always have a couple of things on the parts "waiting list" that get thrown on when I have real reason to place an order.

                    Thanks,
                    Jonathan
                  • orion3311
                    Message 9 of 12 , Mar 4, 2013
                      I use Digikey for small orders of components. They recognize the hobbyist and won't charge $7 shipping for something thats smaller than the stamp itself. I've done a few small components orders where they only charged $2-3 for postage.

                      Jeff

                      --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "DanielB" <danlb_2000@...> wrote:

                      > I need to get some 33uf 25V tantalum caps to repair the IMSAI I am working on. Does anyone have a recommendation of where to get these at a reasonable price?

                    • Mike
                      Message 10 of 12 , Mar 6, 2013
                        I believe if you mail Digikey your order with a check, they will ship for free.

                        Regards,
                        Mike W.

                        Message 11 of 12 , Mar 6, 2013
                          A check, as in a paper check? Wow. They probably do it out of
                          sympathy. ;) I'm surprised anyone still uses them.

                          -Dave

                          On 03/06/2013 09:39 AM, Mike wrote:
                          > I believe if you mail Digikey your order with a check, they will ship for free.
                          >
                          > Regards,
                          > Mike W.
                          >
                          > --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "orion3311" <jeffg@...> wrote:
                          >>
                          >> I use Digikey for small orders of components. They recognize the hobbyist and won't charge $7 shipping for something thats smaller than the stamp itself. I've done a few small components orders where they only charged $2-3 for postage.
                          >>
                          >> Jeff
                          >>

                          >> --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "DanielB" <danlb_2000@> wrote:
                          >>>
                          >>> I need to get some 33uf 25V tantalum caps to repair the IMSAI I am working on. Does anyone have a recommendation of where to get these at a reasonable price?

                          Dave McGuire, AK4HZ