Tantalum Caps

  • DanielB
    Message 1 of 12 , Feb 23, 2013
      I need to get some 33uf 25V tantalum caps to repair the IMSAI I am working on. Does anyone have a recommendation of where to get these at a reasonable price?
    • Bryan Pope
      Message 2 of 12 , Feb 23, 2013
        On 2/23/2013 12:10 PM, DanielB wrote:

        I need to get some 33uf 25V tantalum caps to repair the IMSAI I am working on. Does anyone have a recommendation of where to get these at a reasonable price?

        Unicorn Electronics?  http://www.unicornelectronics.com/Capacitors/CP.html
        $1.99 1-24   $1.89 25-99

        The only thing you have to worry about is the $25.00 minimum order.

        Cheers,

        Bryan

      • Wesley Furr
        Message 3 of 12 , Feb 23, 2013
          For small odd little things like that I've been turning to ebay...mainly
          because folks there don't charge $5-10 minimum shipping charges for $1 worth
          of components like the big online electronics places do...

          Wesley

          I need to get some 33uf 25V tantalum caps to repair the IMSAI I am working
          on. Does anyone have a recommendation of where to get these at a reasonable
          price?
        • Bill Dromgoole
          Message 4 of 12 , Feb 23, 2013
            http://www.electronicsurplus.com/leftnav/capacitors/tantalum.cat

            $15.00 minimum order.

            Capacitor, tantalum. 33uF 35V.
            KEMET T350L336M035AS
            $1.00 ea.

            Capacitor, tantalum. 33uF 25V radial.
            Sprague TANT33UF/25V
            $0.35 ea.

            >I need to get some 33uf 25V tantalum caps to repair the IMSAI I am working on.
            >Does anyone have a recommendation of where to get these at a reasonable price?
            >

            > ------------------------------------
          • joshbensadon
            Message 5 of 12 , Feb 24, 2013
              Does anyone know where can I buy some 1" paper tape for a fair price?

              Thanks
              Josh
            • ekoblentz
              Message 6 of 12 , Feb 24, 2013
                >> Does anyone know where can I buy some 1" paper tape for a fair price?

                I think the club has extra. I defer to Jeff J. who knows the details.
                Message 7 of 12 , Feb 24, 2013
                  evan@... wrote:

                  >>> Does anyone know where can I buy some 1" paper tape for a fair
                  >price?
                  >
                  >I think the club has extra. I defer to Jeff J. who knows the details.

                  Not a lot of 1 in. Mostly badout
                  --
                  Sent from my PDP 8/e.
                • Dave
                  Message 8 of 12 , Feb 25, 2013
                    On 25/02/2013 02:06, joshbensadon wrote:
                    > Does anyone know where can I buy some 1" paper tape for a fair price?

                    It depends on what you think is fair. The going rate seems to be about
                    $10 to $15 a reel which is about what GNT quoted me in the UK. In the US
                    WestNC have it at the same price...

                    http://www.westnc.com/paper-tape-rolls.html

                    but if no one else has any to sell, then they can charge what they want.

                    http://sniff.numachi.com/pages/tiHAPNCEFT.html

                    or search "You Tube"

                    http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Three+Ha%27Pence+a+Foot&oq=Three+Ha%27Pence+a+Foot

                    We seem to have got to the stage where random bits of tape with no
                    provenance or context are fetching stupid prices...

                    http://www.ebay.com/itm/290866896406

                    > Thanks
                    > Josh

                    Dave
                    G4UGM
                  • Systems Glitch
                    Message 9 of 12 , Feb 25, 2013
                      > For small odd little things like that I've been turning to ebay...mainly
                      > because folks there don't charge $5-10 minimum shipping charges for $1 worth
                      > of components like the big online electronics places do...

                      Mouser isn't too bad with their shipping, as long as you're OK with with using modern parts. I almost always have a couple of things on the parts "waiting list" that get thrown on when I have real reason to place an order.

                      Thanks,
                      Jonathan
                    • orion3311
                      Message 10 of 12 , Mar 4, 2013
                        I use Digikey for small orders of components. They recognize the hobbyist and won't charge $7 shipping for something thats smaller than the stamp itself. I've done a few small components orders where they only charged $2-3 for postage.

                        Jeff

                        --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "DanielB" <danlb_2000@...> wrote:

                        > I need to get some 33uf 25V tantalum caps to repair the IMSAI I am working on. Does anyone have a recommendation of where to get these at a reasonable price?

                      • Mike
                        Message 11 of 12 , Mar 6, 2013
                          I believe if you mail Digikey your order with a check, they will ship for free.

                          Regards,
                          Mike W.

                          Message 12 of 12 , Mar 6, 2013
                            A check, as in a paper check? Wow. They probably do it out of
                            sympathy. ;) I'm surprised anyone still uses them.

                            -Dave

                            On 03/06/2013 09:39 AM, Mike wrote:
                            > I believe if you mail Digikey your order with a check, they will ship for free.
                            >
                            > Regards,
                            > Mike W.
                            >
                            > --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "orion3311" <jeffg@...> wrote:
                            >>
                            >> I use Digikey for small orders of components. They recognize the hobbyist and won't charge $7 shipping for something thats smaller than the stamp itself. I've done a few small components orders where they only charged $2-3 for postage.
                            >>
                            >> Jeff
                            >>

                            >> --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "DanielB" <danlb_2000@> wrote:
                            >>>
                            >>> I need to get some 33uf 25V tantalum caps to repair the IMSAI I am working on. Does anyone have a recommendation of where to get these at a reasonable price?

                            Dave McGuire, AK4HZ