RE: [midatlanticretro] A real Mark-8 for MARCH

  • Wesley Furr
    Message 1 of 14 , Feb 22, 2013
      I was referring to Dave's collection in Floyd, VA...that is closer to me
      than the NJ collection. Though only a certain amount...still 2.5 hours to
      Floyd from where I live... I was wondering about seeing Dave's collection.
      Looks like from the other link (which I saw after I posted my message) that
      it is in a public location...I guess just a matter of when it is actually
      open. I would love to some day see both if possible! Thanks for the tour
      offer...hopefully some day...

      Thanks,

      Wesley

      Message 2 of 14 , Feb 22, 2013
        >> I was referring to Dave's collection

        Ah. You'll have to contact him.
      • Systems Glitch
        Message 3 of 14 , Feb 25, 2013
          > I have some of these Bugbooks, so do many here including Dan R if I remember
          > correctly.

          I've got a pile of them, very useful references. I used to find them in the Blacksburg YMCA store's book section now and then, which is how I found out about them. The 8080/8085 two-book series is excellent and what got me started in 8080/8085 assembly programming and low-level design.

          The Floyd museum is something I've been meaning to check out...my parents live an hour away in southern WV so perhaps we can make a stop next time we're down on vacation. I'd heard of the Floyd country store when I was in school at Virginia Tech, but didn't know a computer museum existed!

          Thanks,
          Jonathan
        • ekoblentz
          Message 4 of 14 , Feb 25, 2013
            I'm told the Mark 8 arrived today. I will be home in about a half-hour from now. Damn it, bus driver, drive faster! Can't wait to see it.

            I will take pictures and post them for all to see.