Re: A real Mark-8 for MARCH

  • ekoblentz
    Message 1 of 14 , Feb 22, 2013
      >> I have some of these Bugbooks, so do many here

      MARCH has most of them. They're on a shelf in our homebrew exhibit. I think we are only missing one or two. Someday I will have to make a list and compare it to Dave's master list.

      We also have a very nice replica Mark-8 front panel that Titus sent us.
    • Wesley Furr
      Message 2 of 14 , Feb 22, 2013
        Is this a collection that is open to the public? Or just something private
        but sometimes open to MARCH folks?

        Thanks,

        Wesley

          Message 4 of 14 , Feb 22, 2013
            I was referring to Dave's collection in Floyd, VA...that is closer to me
            than the NJ collection. Though only a certain amount...still 2.5 hours to
            Floyd from where I live... I was wondering about seeing Dave's collection.
            Looks like from the other link (which I saw after I posted my message) that
            it is in a public location...I guess just a matter of when it is actually
            open. I would love to some day see both if possible! Thanks for the tour
            offer...hopefully some day...

            Thanks,

            Wesley

            Message 5 of 14 , Feb 22, 2013
              >> I was referring to Dave's collection

              Ah. You'll have to contact him.
            • Systems Glitch
              Message 6 of 14 , Feb 25, 2013
                > I have some of these Bugbooks, so do many here including Dan R if I remember
                > correctly.

                I've got a pile of them, very useful references. I used to find them in the Blacksburg YMCA store's book section now and then, which is how I found out about them. The 8080/8085 two-book series is excellent and what got me started in 8080/8085 assembly programming and low-level design.

                The Floyd museum is something I've been meaning to check out...my parents live an hour away in southern WV so perhaps we can make a stop next time we're down on vacation. I'd heard of the Floyd country store when I was in school at Virginia Tech, but didn't know a computer museum existed!

                Thanks,
                Jonathan
              • ekoblentz
                Message 7 of 14 , Feb 25, 2013
                  I'm told the Mark 8 arrived today. I will be home in about a half-hour from now. Damn it, bus driver, drive faster! Can't wait to see it.

                  I will take pictures and post them for all to see.