Finally got CP/M 2.2 running on my S-100 machine

  • Bob Applegate
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 22, 2013
      Back in the 70s I priced out many S-100 systems well beyond my resouces, then started collecting S-100 cards in the early 80s but never did much with them because about the time I was able to buy the hardware, CP/M was fading away.

      Over the last few years I've worked with a few other guys to get their CP/M machines running but never quite got a BIOS going on my oddball system.

      Until last night.

      Finally got CP/M booting from the drive :-)

      It's mostly vintage, with hardware from Compupro, CCS, and Northstar. The exceptions are the S-100 Computers IDE board and their 4 MB memory board. I've got lots of vintage memory cards and might swap in some of them just to make the machine seem more authentic. Also have a VFII FDC but the Compact Flash card is so quiet and fast.

      Bob
    • ekoblentz
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 22, 2013
        >> Over the last few years I've worked with a few other guys to get their CP/M machines running but never quite got a BIOS going on my oddball system. Until last night. Finally got CP/M booting from the drive :-)

        Congrats!

        Can you bring that to our Trenton demo and show off your (decades!) of work?