Re: [midatlanticretro] Re: Techno Swap Fest 2/23rd Baltimore

  • J. Alexander Jacocks
    Message 1 of 17 , Feb 21, 2013
      On Wed, Feb 20, 2013 at 10:06 PM, Mike Loewen <mloewen@...> wrote:

      On Wed, 20 Feb 2013, J. Alexander Jacocks wrote:

      > So, who's coming, for sure? I'll be there @ 9am.

      I'll be there, probably between 9:30 and 10:00.

      Mike,

      I just acquired my first 68k workstation, an HP 9000/375.  I'm really excited to play with it, especially since I have discovered that the HP Computer Museum has archived a bunch of the software that HP made available for the machine.  I got the 375, and a 82901 dual disk drive unit, and a pair of HP-IB cables.

      I remembered that you were using HPDrive, to replace the drive on your HP mini.  I'd love to chat with you about HP-IB cards, as I will need to get one, for a PC, to use as mass storage, as I don't have a hard drive, to perform the initial load.

      See you Saturday!
      - Alex
    • J. Alexander Jacocks
      Message 2 of 17 , Feb 22, 2013
        On Wed, Feb 20, 2013 at 10:52 PM, <evan@...> wrote:

        >> So, who's coming, for sure?

        I haven't heard back from Jeff J. ... but I don't really want to wake up at 4:30am anyhow. :)

        Is there any chance that anyone coming has a spare HIL keyboard and mouse that they'd be willing to swap for, or sell?

        And, additionally, if there's anything that anyone's looking for, let me know, and if I have it, I'll bring it.

        Thanks!
        - Alex
      • Mike Loewen
        Message 3 of 17 , Feb 23, 2013
          The swap fest was interesting, but not as large as I expected. I
          picked up several bags of miscellaneous parts, including various sized
          machined-pin DIP sockets going for $1.00/tube. Alex Jacocks, David
          Gesswein and Bill Sudbrink were also there.

          Mike Loewen mloewen@...
        • J. Alexander Jacocks
          Message 4 of 17 , Feb 23, 2013
            On Sat, Feb 23, 2013 at 5:20 PM, Mike Loewen <mloewen@...> wrote:

            The swap fest was interesting, but not as large as I expected. I
            picked up several bags of miscellaneous parts, including various sized
            machined-pin DIP sockets going for $1.00/tube. Alex Jacocks, David
            Gesswein and Bill Sudbrink were also there.

            I'm sorry that I missed Bill!

            - Alex