Re: [midatlanticretro] Re: Techno Swap Fest 2/23rd Baltimore

  • ekoblentz
    Message 1 of 17 , Feb 20, 2013
      >> So, who's coming, for sure?

      I haven't heard back from Jeff J. ... but I don't really want to wake up at 4:30am anyhow. :)
    • J. Alexander Jacocks
      Message 2 of 17 , Feb 21, 2013
        On Wed, Feb 20, 2013 at 10:06 PM, Mike Loewen <mloewen@...> wrote:

        On Wed, 20 Feb 2013, J. Alexander Jacocks wrote:

        > So, who's coming, for sure? I'll be there @ 9am.

        I'll be there, probably between 9:30 and 10:00.

        Mike,

        I just acquired my first 68k workstation, an HP 9000/375.  I'm really excited to play with it, especially since I have discovered that the HP Computer Museum has archived a bunch of the software that HP made available for the machine.  I got the 375, and a 82901 dual disk drive unit, and a pair of HP-IB cables.

        I remembered that you were using HPDrive, to replace the drive on your HP mini.  I'd love to chat with you about HP-IB cards, as I will need to get one, for a PC, to use as mass storage, as I don't have a hard drive, to perform the initial load.

        See you Saturday!
        - Alex
      • J. Alexander Jacocks
        Message 3 of 17 , Feb 22, 2013
          On Wed, Feb 20, 2013 at 10:52 PM, <evan@...> wrote:

          >> So, who's coming, for sure?

          I haven't heard back from Jeff J. ... but I don't really want to wake up at 4:30am anyhow. :)

          Is there any chance that anyone coming has a spare HIL keyboard and mouse that they'd be willing to swap for, or sell?

          And, additionally, if there's anything that anyone's looking for, let me know, and if I have it, I'll bring it.

          Thanks!
          - Alex
        • Mike Loewen
          Message 4 of 17 , Feb 23, 2013
            The swap fest was interesting, but not as large as I expected. I
            picked up several bags of miscellaneous parts, including various sized
            machined-pin DIP sockets going for $1.00/tube. Alex Jacocks, David
            Gesswein and Bill Sudbrink were also there.

            Mike Loewen mloewen@...
          • J. Alexander Jacocks
            Message 5 of 17 , Feb 23, 2013
              On Sat, Feb 23, 2013 at 5:20 PM, Mike Loewen <mloewen@...> wrote:

              The swap fest was interesting, but not as large as I expected. I
              picked up several bags of miscellaneous parts, including various sized
              machined-pin DIP sockets going for $1.00/tube. Alex Jacocks, David
              Gesswein and Bill Sudbrink were also there.

              I'm sorry that I missed Bill!

              - Alex