Re: [midatlanticretro] Re: Techno Swap Fest 2/23rd Baltimore

  • Mike Loewen
    Message 1 of 17 , Feb 20, 2013
      On Wed, 20 Feb 2013, J. Alexander Jacocks wrote:

      > So, who's coming, for sure? I'll be there @ 9am.

      I'll be there, probably between 9:30 and 10:00.

      Mike Loewen mloewen@...
    • ekoblentz
      Message 2 of 17 , Feb 20, 2013
        >> So, who's coming, for sure?

        I haven't heard back from Jeff J. ... but I don't really want to wake up at 4:30am anyhow. :)
      • J. Alexander Jacocks
        Message 3 of 17 , Feb 21, 2013
          On Wed, Feb 20, 2013 at 10:06 PM, Mike Loewen <mloewen@...> wrote:

          On Wed, 20 Feb 2013, J. Alexander Jacocks wrote:

          > So, who's coming, for sure? I'll be there @ 9am.

          I'll be there, probably between 9:30 and 10:00.

          Mike,

          I just acquired my first 68k workstation, an HP 9000/375.  I'm really excited to play with it, especially since I have discovered that the HP Computer Museum has archived a bunch of the software that HP made available for the machine.  I got the 375, and a 82901 dual disk drive unit, and a pair of HP-IB cables.

          I remembered that you were using HPDrive, to replace the drive on your HP mini.  I'd love to chat with you about HP-IB cards, as I will need to get one, for a PC, to use as mass storage, as I don't have a hard drive, to perform the initial load.

          See you Saturday!
          - Alex
        • J. Alexander Jacocks
          Message 4 of 17 , Feb 22, 2013
            On Wed, Feb 20, 2013 at 10:52 PM, <evan@...> wrote:

            >> So, who's coming, for sure?

            I haven't heard back from Jeff J. ... but I don't really want to wake up at 4:30am anyhow. :)

            Is there any chance that anyone coming has a spare HIL keyboard and mouse that they'd be willing to swap for, or sell?

            And, additionally, if there's anything that anyone's looking for, let me know, and if I have it, I'll bring it.

            Thanks!
            - Alex
          • Mike Loewen
            Message 5 of 17 , Feb 23, 2013
              The swap fest was interesting, but not as large as I expected. I
              picked up several bags of miscellaneous parts, including various sized
              machined-pin DIP sockets going for $1.00/tube. Alex Jacocks, David
              Gesswein and Bill Sudbrink were also there.

              Mike Loewen mloewen@...
            • J. Alexander Jacocks
              Message 6 of 17 , Feb 23, 2013
                On Sat, Feb 23, 2013 at 5:20 PM, Mike Loewen <mloewen@...> wrote:

                The swap fest was interesting, but not as large as I expected. I
                picked up several bags of miscellaneous parts, including various sized
                machined-pin DIP sockets going for $1.00/tube. Alex Jacocks, David
                Gesswein and Bill Sudbrink were also there.

                I'm sorry that I missed Bill!

                - Alex