Re: [midatlanticretro] Re: Techno Swap Fest 2/23rd Baltimore

  • J. Alexander Jacocks
    Message 1 of 17 , Feb 20, 2013
      On Fri, Feb 15, 2013 at 3:20 PM, B. Degnan <billdeg@...> wrote:

      > >> Any chance of carpooling?
      >
      > I might like to go, and happy to split the driving / split the gas ...
      but obviously in your station wagon, not my Miata.

      > >> It's 5+ hours each way from NJ.
      >
      > What? Baltimore is at most 3.5 hours from where you and I live, and
      that's if I drive slow. Four hours at most if we stop to eat / pee / fuel.

      more like 3.5 from where you live but only because you're actually going to
      a point south/west of Balt. Trenton to Baltimore city is 2.5 hours tops.

      So, who's coming, for sure?  I'll be there @ 9am.

      - Alex
    • Mike Loewen
      Message 2 of 17 , Feb 20, 2013
        On Wed, 20 Feb 2013, J. Alexander Jacocks wrote:

        > So, who's coming, for sure? I'll be there @ 9am.

        I'll be there, probably between 9:30 and 10:00.

        Mike Loewen mloewen@...
      • ekoblentz
        Message 3 of 17 , Feb 20, 2013
          >> So, who's coming, for sure?

          I haven't heard back from Jeff J. ... but I don't really want to wake up at 4:30am anyhow. :)
        • J. Alexander Jacocks
          Message 4 of 17 , Feb 21, 2013
            On Wed, Feb 20, 2013 at 10:06 PM, Mike Loewen <mloewen@...> wrote:

            On Wed, 20 Feb 2013, J. Alexander Jacocks wrote:

            > So, who's coming, for sure? I'll be there @ 9am.

            I'll be there, probably between 9:30 and 10:00.

            Mike,

            I just acquired my first 68k workstation, an HP 9000/375.  I'm really excited to play with it, especially since I have discovered that the HP Computer Museum has archived a bunch of the software that HP made available for the machine.  I got the 375, and a 82901 dual disk drive unit, and a pair of HP-IB cables.

            I remembered that you were using HPDrive, to replace the drive on your HP mini.  I'd love to chat with you about HP-IB cards, as I will need to get one, for a PC, to use as mass storage, as I don't have a hard drive, to perform the initial load.

            See you Saturday!
            - Alex
          • J. Alexander Jacocks
            Message 5 of 17 , Feb 22, 2013
              On Wed, Feb 20, 2013 at 10:52 PM, <evan@...> wrote:

              >> So, who's coming, for sure?

              I haven't heard back from Jeff J. ... but I don't really want to wake up at 4:30am anyhow. :)

              Is there any chance that anyone coming has a spare HIL keyboard and mouse that they'd be willing to swap for, or sell?

              And, additionally, if there's anything that anyone's looking for, let me know, and if I have it, I'll bring it.

              Thanks!
              - Alex
            • Mike Loewen
              Message 6 of 17 , Feb 23, 2013
                The swap fest was interesting, but not as large as I expected. I
                picked up several bags of miscellaneous parts, including various sized
                machined-pin DIP sockets going for $1.00/tube. Alex Jacocks, David
                Gesswein and Bill Sudbrink were also there.

                Mike Loewen mloewen@...
              • J. Alexander Jacocks
                Message 7 of 17 , Feb 23, 2013
                  On Sat, Feb 23, 2013 at 5:20 PM, Mike Loewen <mloewen@...> wrote:

                  The swap fest was interesting, but not as large as I expected. I
                  picked up several bags of miscellaneous parts, including various sized
                  machined-pin DIP sockets going for $1.00/tube. Alex Jacocks, David
                  Gesswein and Bill Sudbrink were also there.

                  I'm sorry that I missed Bill!

                  - Alex