Trenton update

  • ekoblentz
    Message 1 of 32 , Feb 19, 2013
      I requested either a small classroom or at least 20 feet by 20 feet square.

      Highly doubtful that we'll get any special power available.

      My plan is to have the mother of all homebrew exhibits. One of nearly everything, with as many as possible up and running for demos.

      What I'd like MARCHins to do is everyone can call dibs on bringing one or two particular machine(s). We shouldn't overlap. Altair, IMSAI, SWTPC, SOL, Poly, OSI, TDL, Northstar, various SBCs, one or two modern kits, etc. .... I will bring MARCH's Apple 1 repro, and hopefully we'll have the real Mark-8 by then*, unless someone can bring a working replica.

      Again, the goal is to have as many homebrew-era systems on display as possible, with as many working as possible.

      I will also bring a display of period-appropriate computer magazines -- this might be a large wall-sized display. Also, our repro posters from the first TCF and PC'76 shows, etc.

      Note: our own Frank O'Brien is giving the keynote this year! He will talk about Mars rovers.

      * I signed a loan agreement last week. We're getting a five-year loan of a real Mark 8 and we have permission to restore it! Details to come...
    • christian_liendo@yahoo.com
      Message 32 of 32 , Mar 15, 2014

        I'm on reserve duty. How is the show?