Re: [midatlanticretro] Great news re: Museum power situation

  • Systems Glitch
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 19, 2013
      Wall is probably going to help us with transportation and installation. (Evan's note: This refers to Princeton U. which is giving InfoAge a transformer. Fred previously told me that transformer is too big; seems he and/or the town changed their minds.)

      What's it weigh? I do own a flatbed dumptruck. If it's under 5-6 tons and Wall has a hard time making transportation work, I can move it.

      Thanks,
      Jonathan
    • ekoblentz
      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 19, 2013
        >> What's it weigh?

        Beats me, but I will share your generous offer with Fred.
      • David Gesswein
        Message 3 of 10 , Feb 21, 2013
          On Tue, Feb 19, 2013 at 12:41:16PM +0000, evan@... wrote:

          > I think we should host a swap meet on May 14 and a tech day on May 15.

          My calendar says thats a tuesday and wednesday.
        • ekoblentz
          Message 4 of 10 , Feb 21, 2013
            >> My calendar says thats a tuesday and wednesday.

            Oops. 18-19.
          • ekoblentz
            Message 5 of 10 , Feb 21, 2013
              >> I think we should host a swap meet

              Speaking of which: I don't know how many people will attend just a vintage computer swap meet. We'd advertise it just like we advertise VCF, but we wouldn't go all-out. It may end up being a lot of MARCHins-and-friend dealing to/from each other.

              But at least there would be overlap from OMARC's hamfest down the street.

              We also should keep our event strictly on-topic so as not to overlap with Trenton.
              Message 6 of 10 , Feb 21, 2013
                From 2am until 430am on the 14th then 230pm till 250 or so on the 15th
                --
                Sent from my PDP 8/e.