Re: [midatlanticretro] Great news re: Museum power situation

  • Dan Roganti
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 19, 2013
      On 2/19/2013 7:41 AM, evan@... wrote:
      >>> does this mean the micro-mini-VCFish-east is still a go ?
      > VCF East is still taking the year off for two reasons.: lack of time and potential for risk. The power plan is just that -- a plan -- until it happens.
      >
      > I think we should host a swap meet on May 14 and a tech day on May 15.

      yea, thats what I was referring to,
      I just used an alternative terminology :)
    • Systems Glitch
      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 19, 2013
        Wall is probably going to help us with transportation and installation. (Evan's note: This refers to Princeton U. which is giving InfoAge a transformer. Fred previously told me that transformer is too big; seems he and/or the town changed their minds.)

        What's it weigh? I do own a flatbed dumptruck. If it's under 5-6 tons and Wall has a hard time making transportation work, I can move it.

        Thanks,
        Jonathan
      • ekoblentz
        Message 3 of 10 , Feb 19, 2013
          >> What's it weigh?

          Beats me, but I will share your generous offer with Fred.
        • David Gesswein
          Message 4 of 10 , Feb 21, 2013
            On Tue, Feb 19, 2013 at 12:41:16PM +0000, evan@... wrote:

            > I think we should host a swap meet on May 14 and a tech day on May 15.

            My calendar says thats a tuesday and wednesday.
          • ekoblentz
            Message 5 of 10 , Feb 21, 2013
              >> My calendar says thats a tuesday and wednesday.

              Oops. 18-19.
            • ekoblentz
              Message 6 of 10 , Feb 21, 2013
                >> I think we should host a swap meet

                Speaking of which: I don't know how many people will attend just a vintage computer swap meet. We'd advertise it just like we advertise VCF, but we wouldn't go all-out. It may end up being a lot of MARCHins-and-friend dealing to/from each other.

                But at least there would be overlap from OMARC's hamfest down the street.

                We also should keep our event strictly on-topic so as not to overlap with Trenton.
                Message 7 of 10 , Feb 21, 2013
                  From 2am until 430am on the 14th then 230pm till 250 or so on the 15th
                  --
                  Sent from my PDP 8/e.