Re: [midatlanticretro] Great news re: Museum power situation

  • Dan Roganti
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 19, 2013
      On 2/18/2013 11:31 PM, evan@... wrote:
      > We can open soon!!!
      >
      > Dan Lieb, who runs the shipwreck group and represents all of the member groups to the InfoAge board of directors, announced the following tonight:
      >
      > Here is the current status with InfoAge and our power situation:

      sweet !
      does this mean the micro-mini-VCFish-east is still a go ?

      Dan
    • ekoblentz
      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 19, 2013
        >> does this mean the micro-mini-VCFish-east is still a go ?

        VCF East is still taking the year off for two reasons.: lack of time and potential for risk. The power plan is just that -- a plan -- until it happens.

        I think we should host a swap meet on May 14 and a tech day on May 15.
      • Dan Roganti
        Message 3 of 10 , Feb 19, 2013
          On 2/19/2013 7:41 AM, evan@... wrote:
          >>> does this mean the micro-mini-VCFish-east is still a go ?
          > VCF East is still taking the year off for two reasons.: lack of time and potential for risk. The power plan is just that -- a plan -- until it happens.
          >
          > I think we should host a swap meet on May 14 and a tech day on May 15.

          yea, thats what I was referring to,
          I just used an alternative terminology :)
        • Systems Glitch
          Message 4 of 10 , Feb 19, 2013
            Wall is probably going to help us with transportation and installation. (Evan's note: This refers to Princeton U. which is giving InfoAge a transformer. Fred previously told me that transformer is too big; seems he and/or the town changed their minds.)

            What's it weigh? I do own a flatbed dumptruck. If it's under 5-6 tons and Wall has a hard time making transportation work, I can move it.

            Thanks,
            Jonathan
          • ekoblentz
            Message 5 of 10 , Feb 19, 2013
              >> What's it weigh?

              Beats me, but I will share your generous offer with Fred.
            • David Gesswein
              Message 6 of 10 , Feb 21, 2013
                On Tue, Feb 19, 2013 at 12:41:16PM +0000, evan@... wrote:

                > I think we should host a swap meet on May 14 and a tech day on May 15.

                My calendar says thats a tuesday and wednesday.
              • ekoblentz
                Message 7 of 10 , Feb 21, 2013
                  >> My calendar says thats a tuesday and wednesday.

                  Oops. 18-19.
                • ekoblentz
                  Message 8 of 10 , Feb 21, 2013
                    >> I think we should host a swap meet

                    Speaking of which: I don't know how many people will attend just a vintage computer swap meet. We'd advertise it just like we advertise VCF, but we wouldn't go all-out. It may end up being a lot of MARCHins-and-friend dealing to/from each other.

                    But at least there would be overlap from OMARC's hamfest down the street.

                    We also should keep our event strictly on-topic so as not to overlap with Trenton.
                    Message 9 of 10 , Feb 21, 2013
                      From 2am until 430am on the 14th then 230pm till 250 or so on the 15th
                      --
                      Sent from my PDP 8/e.