Re: [midatlanticretro] Re: Techno Swap Fest 2/23rd Baltimore

    Message 1 of 17 , Feb 15, 2013

      > >> Any chance of carpooling?
      >
      > I might like to go, and happy to split the driving / split the gas ...
      but obviously in your station wagon, not my Miata.

      > >> It's 5+ hours each way from NJ.
      >
      > What? Baltimore is at most 3.5 hours from where you and I live, and
      that's if I drive slow. Four hours at most if we stop to eat / pee / fuel.

      more like 3.5 from where you live but only because you're actually going to
      a point south/west of Balt. Trenton to Baltimore city is 2.5 hours tops.
    • J. Alexander Jacocks
      Message 2 of 17 , Feb 20, 2013
        On Fri, Feb 15, 2013 at 3:20 PM, B. Degnan <billdeg@...> wrote:

        > >> Any chance of carpooling?
        >
        > I might like to go, and happy to split the driving / split the gas ...
        but obviously in your station wagon, not my Miata.

        > >> It's 5+ hours each way from NJ.
        >
        > What? Baltimore is at most 3.5 hours from where you and I live, and
        that's if I drive slow. Four hours at most if we stop to eat / pee / fuel.

        more like 3.5 from where you live but only because you're actually going to
        a point south/west of Balt. Trenton to Baltimore city is 2.5 hours tops.

        So, who's coming, for sure?  I'll be there @ 9am.

        - Alex
      • Mike Loewen
        Message 3 of 17 , Feb 20, 2013
          On Wed, 20 Feb 2013, J. Alexander Jacocks wrote:

          > So, who's coming, for sure? I'll be there @ 9am.

          I'll be there, probably between 9:30 and 10:00.

          Mike Loewen mloewen@...
        • ekoblentz
          Message 4 of 17 , Feb 20, 2013
            >> So, who's coming, for sure?

            I haven't heard back from Jeff J. ... but I don't really want to wake up at 4:30am anyhow. :)
          • J. Alexander Jacocks
            Message 5 of 17 , Feb 21, 2013
              On Wed, Feb 20, 2013 at 10:06 PM, Mike Loewen <mloewen@...> wrote:

              On Wed, 20 Feb 2013, J. Alexander Jacocks wrote:

              > So, who's coming, for sure? I'll be there @ 9am.

              I'll be there, probably between 9:30 and 10:00.

              Mike,

              I just acquired my first 68k workstation, an HP 9000/375.  I'm really excited to play with it, especially since I have discovered that the HP Computer Museum has archived a bunch of the software that HP made available for the machine.  I got the 375, and a 82901 dual disk drive unit, and a pair of HP-IB cables.

              I remembered that you were using HPDrive, to replace the drive on your HP mini.  I'd love to chat with you about HP-IB cards, as I will need to get one, for a PC, to use as mass storage, as I don't have a hard drive, to perform the initial load.

              See you Saturday!
              - Alex
            • J. Alexander Jacocks
              Message 6 of 17 , Feb 22, 2013
                On Wed, Feb 20, 2013 at 10:52 PM, <evan@...> wrote:

                >> So, who's coming, for sure?

                I haven't heard back from Jeff J. ... but I don't really want to wake up at 4:30am anyhow. :)

                Is there any chance that anyone coming has a spare HIL keyboard and mouse that they'd be willing to swap for, or sell?

                And, additionally, if there's anything that anyone's looking for, let me know, and if I have it, I'll bring it.

                Thanks!
                - Alex
              • Mike Loewen
                Message 7 of 17 , Feb 23, 2013
                  The swap fest was interesting, but not as large as I expected. I
                  picked up several bags of miscellaneous parts, including various sized
                  machined-pin DIP sockets going for $1.00/tube. Alex Jacocks, David
                  Gesswein and Bill Sudbrink were also there.

                  Mike Loewen mloewen@...
                • J. Alexander Jacocks
                  Message 8 of 17 , Feb 23, 2013
                    On Sat, Feb 23, 2013 at 5:20 PM, Mike Loewen <mloewen@...> wrote:

                    The swap fest was interesting, but not as large as I expected. I
                    picked up several bags of miscellaneous parts, including various sized
                    machined-pin DIP sockets going for $1.00/tube. Alex Jacocks, David
                    Gesswein and Bill Sudbrink were also there.

                    I'm sorry that I missed Bill!

                    - Alex