Re: [midatlanticretro] Re: Techno Swap Fest 2/23rd Baltimore

  • ekoblentz
    Message 1 of 17 , Feb 15, 2013
      >> Any chance of carpooling?

      I might like to go, and happy to split the driving / split the gas ... but obviously in your station wagon, not my Miata.

      >> It's 5+ hours each way from NJ.

      What? Baltimore is at most 3.5 hours from where you and I live, and that's if I drive slow. Four hours at most if we stop to eat / pee / fuel.
      Message 2 of 17 , Feb 15, 2013

        > >> Any chance of carpooling?
        >
        > I might like to go, and happy to split the driving / split the gas ...
        but obviously in your station wagon, not my Miata.

        > >> It's 5+ hours each way from NJ.
        >
        > What? Baltimore is at most 3.5 hours from where you and I live, and
        that's if I drive slow. Four hours at most if we stop to eat / pee / fuel.

        more like 3.5 from where you live but only because you're actually going to
        a point south/west of Balt. Trenton to Baltimore city is 2.5 hours tops.
      • J. Alexander Jacocks
        Message 3 of 17 , Feb 20, 2013
          On Fri, Feb 15, 2013 at 3:20 PM, B. Degnan <billdeg@...> wrote:

          > >> Any chance of carpooling?
          >
          > I might like to go, and happy to split the driving / split the gas ...
          but obviously in your station wagon, not my Miata.

          > >> It's 5+ hours each way from NJ.
          >
          > What? Baltimore is at most 3.5 hours from where you and I live, and
          that's if I drive slow. Four hours at most if we stop to eat / pee / fuel.

          more like 3.5 from where you live but only because you're actually going to
          a point south/west of Balt. Trenton to Baltimore city is 2.5 hours tops.

          So, who's coming, for sure?  I'll be there @ 9am.

          - Alex
        • Mike Loewen
          Message 4 of 17 , Feb 20, 2013
            On Wed, 20 Feb 2013, J. Alexander Jacocks wrote:

            > So, who's coming, for sure? I'll be there @ 9am.

            I'll be there, probably between 9:30 and 10:00.

            Mike Loewen mloewen@...
          • ekoblentz
            Message 5 of 17 , Feb 20, 2013
              >> So, who's coming, for sure?

              I haven't heard back from Jeff J. ... but I don't really want to wake up at 4:30am anyhow. :)
            • J. Alexander Jacocks
              Message 6 of 17 , Feb 21, 2013
                On Wed, Feb 20, 2013 at 10:06 PM, Mike Loewen <mloewen@...> wrote:

                On Wed, 20 Feb 2013, J. Alexander Jacocks wrote:

                > So, who's coming, for sure? I'll be there @ 9am.

                I'll be there, probably between 9:30 and 10:00.

                Mike,

                I just acquired my first 68k workstation, an HP 9000/375.  I'm really excited to play with it, especially since I have discovered that the HP Computer Museum has archived a bunch of the software that HP made available for the machine.  I got the 375, and a 82901 dual disk drive unit, and a pair of HP-IB cables.

                I remembered that you were using HPDrive, to replace the drive on your HP mini.  I'd love to chat with you about HP-IB cards, as I will need to get one, for a PC, to use as mass storage, as I don't have a hard drive, to perform the initial load.

                See you Saturday!
                - Alex
              • J. Alexander Jacocks
                Message 7 of 17 , Feb 22, 2013
                  On Wed, Feb 20, 2013 at 10:52 PM, <evan@...> wrote:

                  >> So, who's coming, for sure?

                  I haven't heard back from Jeff J. ... but I don't really want to wake up at 4:30am anyhow. :)

                  Is there any chance that anyone coming has a spare HIL keyboard and mouse that they'd be willing to swap for, or sell?

                  And, additionally, if there's anything that anyone's looking for, let me know, and if I have it, I'll bring it.

                  Thanks!
                  - Alex
                • Mike Loewen
                  Message 8 of 17 , Feb 23, 2013
                    The swap fest was interesting, but not as large as I expected. I
                    picked up several bags of miscellaneous parts, including various sized
                    machined-pin DIP sockets going for $1.00/tube. Alex Jacocks, David
                    Gesswein and Bill Sudbrink were also there.

                    Mike Loewen mloewen@...
                  • J. Alexander Jacocks
                    Message 9 of 17 , Feb 23, 2013
                      On Sat, Feb 23, 2013 at 5:20 PM, Mike Loewen <mloewen@...> wrote:

                      The swap fest was interesting, but not as large as I expected. I
                      picked up several bags of miscellaneous parts, including various sized
                      machined-pin DIP sockets going for $1.00/tube. Alex Jacocks, David
                      Gesswein and Bill Sudbrink were also there.

                      I'm sorry that I missed Bill!

                      - Alex