RE: [midatlanticretro] OT: Asteroids!

    Message 1 of 11 , Feb 15, 2013
      -------- Original Message --------

      Not really, but I am expecting more shooting stars than normal. and it
      might be a clear night with a sliver moon.

      bd
    • Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman-
      Message 2 of 11 , Feb 15, 2013
        "B. Degnan" <billdeg@...> writes:

        >Not really, but I am expecting more shooting stars than normal. and it
        >might be a clear night with a sliver moon.

        If it were not for that moon, I'd setup one of my cameras with open shutter
        to catch meteor streaks. There might be too much light from that sliver of
        a moon to make a wide field shot feasible.

      • joshbensadon
        Message 3 of 11 , Feb 15, 2013
          I bet it's a Vintage Asteroid, no need to be OT here.

          One good hit by a big asteroid and all my problems will be gone, along with the Earth.
        • RonK
          Message 4 of 11 , Feb 15, 2013
            I heard that the Russian meteor was actually a giant Mayan calendar that fell to earth! :-)

            Message 5 of 11 , Feb 16, 2013
              "RonK" <rkushnier@...> writes:

              >I heard that the Russian meteor was actually a giant Mayan calendar that
              >fell to earth! :-)

              Was that reported by those same news agencies that were using/displaying
              an Aztec's calendar during all the lead up to the 21st of Dec. hype? :)