Re: [midatlanticretro] OT: UPDATE Valve fires many including Jeri Ellsworth

  • Bryan Pope
    Message 1 of 23 , Feb 13, 2013
      On 2/13/2013 1:32 PM, Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman- wrote:

      evan@...> writes:

      >>> I know it's OT, but I felt it was worth posting.
      >
      >It's fine for OT:. ... we all likes games, and we all respect Jeri.

      All less 1 perhaps.

      But she does *not* make games.   She makes hardware!  *sigh*
      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeri_Ellsworth

      She has also made *semiconductors*.  Is there anybody here that does not like semiconductors?!
      http://youtu.be/w_znRopGtbE

      Here is a demonstration of her homemade transistor...
      http://youtu.be/-Qph8BNrnLY

      Cheers,

      Bryan

    • Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman-
      Message 2 of 23 , Feb 13, 2013
        "B. Degnan" <billdeg@...> writes:

        >Oh, I thought you meant Jerri Ellsworth. I don't get why people are
        >obsessed with her. Nothing against her, but some people take it
        >overboard I think.

        Only the geeks here who don't have a real woman in their lives! :)

        She's somewhat of an enigma being she's a female in a generally male field.
        Applaud her achievements but don't dwell on her misfortunes. I do suspect
        that she will land safely on her feet somewhere else in short order.

        Message 3 of 23 , Feb 13, 2013
          On Feb 13, 2013, at 1:39 PM, evan@... wrote:
          >>> All less 1 perhaps.
          >
          > You've mentioned that -- only techie I ever met who doesn't like games.

          Uhh: [raises hand]

          Some of us actually do real work with technology. ;)

          I played my first game in over twenty years at Festivus a few months ago. I made an exception for playng an Atari 2600 against Ian. ;)

          Dave McGuire, AK4HZ