Re: [midatlanticretro] OT: UPDATE Valve fires many including Jeri Ellsworth

  • Christopher Blackmon
    Message 1 of 23 , Feb 13, 2013

      -------- Original Message --------
      Jeri Ellsworth

      > >You've mentioned that -- only techie I ever met who doesn't like games.
      >
      > Specifically, doesn't like video games. ;)
      >
      > --

      Oh, I thought you meant Jerri Ellsworth. I don't get why people are
      obsessed with her. Nothing against her, but some people take it overboard
      I think.

      bd

      ---------
      because her existence is in direct violation of rule 16.
      cb

    • Bryan Pope
      Message 2 of 23 , Feb 13, 2013
        On 2/13/2013 1:32 PM, Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman- wrote:

        evan@...> writes:

        >>> I know it's OT, but I felt it was worth posting.
        >
        >It's fine for OT:. ... we all likes games, and we all respect Jeri.

        All less 1 perhaps.

        But she does *not* make games.   She makes hardware!  *sigh*
        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeri_Ellsworth

        She has also made *semiconductors*.  Is there anybody here that does not like semiconductors?!
        http://youtu.be/w_znRopGtbE

        Here is a demonstration of her homemade transistor...
        http://youtu.be/-Qph8BNrnLY

        Cheers,

        Bryan

      • Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman-
        Message 3 of 23 , Feb 13, 2013
          "B. Degnan" <billdeg@...> writes:

          >Oh, I thought you meant Jerri Ellsworth. I don't get why people are
          >obsessed with her. Nothing against her, but some people take it
          >overboard I think.

          Only the geeks here who don't have a real woman in their lives! :)

          She's somewhat of an enigma being she's a female in a generally male field.
          Applaud her achievements but don't dwell on her misfortunes. I do suspect
          that she will land safely on her feet somewhere else in short order.

          Message 4 of 23 , Feb 13, 2013
            On Feb 13, 2013, at 1:39 PM, evan@... wrote:
            >>> All less 1 perhaps.
            >
            > You've mentioned that -- only techie I ever met who doesn't like games.

            Uhh: [raises hand]

            Some of us actually do real work with technology. ;)

            I played my first game in over twenty years at Festivus a few months ago. I made an exception for playng an Atari 2600 against Ian. ;)

            Dave McGuire, AK4HZ