Re: [midatlanticretro] OT: UPDATE Valve fires many including Jeri Ellsworth

  • Mike Loewen
    Message 1 of 23 , Feb 13, 2013
      On Wed, 13 Feb 2013, B. Degnan wrote:

      > Jeri Ellsworth

      >>> You've mentioned that -- only techie I ever met who doesn't like games.
      >>
      >> Specifically, doesn't like video games. ;)
      >>
      >> --
      >
      > Oh, I thought you meant Jerri Ellsworth. I don't get why people are
      > obsessed with her. Nothing against her, but some people take it overboard
      > I think.

      That's because you're married. :-)

      Mike Loewen mloewen@...
    • Christopher Blackmon
      Message 2 of 23 , Feb 13, 2013

        > >You've mentioned that -- only techie I ever met who doesn't like games.
        >
        > Specifically, doesn't like video games. ;)
        >
        > --

        Oh, I thought you meant Jerri Ellsworth. I don't get why people are
        obsessed with her. Nothing against her, but some people take it overboard
        I think.

        bd

        ---------
        because her existence is in direct violation of rule 16.
        cb

      • Bryan Pope
        Message 3 of 23 , Feb 13, 2013
          On 2/13/2013 1:32 PM, Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman- wrote:

          evan@...> writes:

          >>> I know it's OT, but I felt it was worth posting.
          >
          >It's fine for OT:. ... we all likes games, and we all respect Jeri.

          All less 1 perhaps.

          But she does *not* make games.   She makes hardware!  *sigh*
          http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeri_Ellsworth

          She has also made *semiconductors*.  Is there anybody here that does not like semiconductors?!
          http://youtu.be/w_znRopGtbE

          Here is a demonstration of her homemade transistor...
          http://youtu.be/-Qph8BNrnLY

          Cheers,

          Bryan

        • Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman-
          Message 4 of 23 , Feb 13, 2013
            "B. Degnan" <billdeg@...> writes:

            >Oh, I thought you meant Jerri Ellsworth. I don't get why people are
            >obsessed with her. Nothing against her, but some people take it
            >overboard I think.

            Only the geeks here who don't have a real woman in their lives! :)

            She's somewhat of an enigma being she's a female in a generally male field.
            Applaud her achievements but don't dwell on her misfortunes. I do suspect
            that she will land safely on her feet somewhere else in short order.

            Message 5 of 23 , Feb 13, 2013
              On Feb 13, 2013, at 1:39 PM, evan@... wrote:
              >>> All less 1 perhaps.
              >
              > You've mentioned that -- only techie I ever met who doesn't like games.

              Uhh: [raises hand]

              Some of us actually do real work with technology. ;)

              I played my first game in over twenty years at Festivus a few months ago. I made an exception for playng an Atari 2600 against Ian. ;)

              Dave McGuire, AK4HZ