Re: [midatlanticretro] OT: UPDATE Valve fires many including Jeri Ellsworth

    Message 1 of 23 , Feb 13 11:12 AM
      -------- Original Message --------
      Jeri Ellsworth

      > >You've mentioned that -- only techie I ever met who doesn't like games.
      >
      > Specifically, doesn't like video games. ;)
      >
      > --

      Oh, I thought you meant Jerri Ellsworth. I don't get why people are
      obsessed with her. Nothing against her, but some people take it overboard
      I think.

      bd
    • Mike Loewen
      Message 2 of 23 , Feb 13 11:18 AM
        On Wed, 13 Feb 2013, B. Degnan wrote:

        > Jeri Ellsworth

        >>> You've mentioned that -- only techie I ever met who doesn't like games.
        >>
        >> Specifically, doesn't like video games. ;)
        >>
        >> --
        >
        > Oh, I thought you meant Jerri Ellsworth. I don't get why people are
        > obsessed with her. Nothing against her, but some people take it overboard
        > I think.

        That's because you're married. :-)

        Mike Loewen mloewen@...
      • Christopher Blackmon
        Message 3 of 23 , Feb 13 11:30 AM

          > >You've mentioned that -- only techie I ever met who doesn't like games.
          >
          > Specifically, doesn't like video games. ;)
          >
          > --

          Oh, I thought you meant Jerri Ellsworth. I don't get why people are
          obsessed with her. Nothing against her, but some people take it overboard
          I think.

          bd

          ---------
          because her existence is in direct violation of rule 16.
          cb

        • Bryan Pope
          Message 4 of 23 , Feb 13 11:37 AM
            On 2/13/2013 1:32 PM, Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman- wrote:

            evan@...> writes:

            >>> I know it's OT, but I felt it was worth posting.
            >
            >It's fine for OT:. ... we all likes games, and we all respect Jeri.

            All less 1 perhaps.

            But she does *not* make games.   She makes hardware!  *sigh*
            http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeri_Ellsworth

            She has also made *semiconductors*.  Is there anybody here that does not like semiconductors?!
            http://youtu.be/w_znRopGtbE

            Here is a demonstration of her homemade transistor...
            http://youtu.be/-Qph8BNrnLY

            Cheers,

            Bryan

          • Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman-
            Message 5 of 23 , Feb 13 12:55 PM
              "B. Degnan" <billdeg@...> writes:

              >Oh, I thought you meant Jerri Ellsworth. I don't get why people are
              >obsessed with her. Nothing against her, but some people take it
              >overboard I think.

              Only the geeks here who don't have a real woman in their lives! :)

              She's somewhat of an enigma being she's a female in a generally male field.
              Applaud her achievements but don't dwell on her misfortunes. I do suspect
              that she will land safely on her feet somewhere else in short order.

              Message 6 of 23 , Feb 13 4:09 PM
                On Feb 13, 2013, at 1:39 PM, evan@... wrote:
                >>> All less 1 perhaps.
                >
                > You've mentioned that -- only techie I ever met who doesn't like games.

                Uhh: [raises hand]

                Some of us actually do real work with technology. ;)

                I played my first game in over twenty years at Festivus a few months ago. I made an exception for playng an Atari 2600 against Ian. ;)

                Dave McGuire, AK4HZ