Re: [midatlanticretro] OT: UPDATE Valve fires many including Jeri Ellsworth

    Message 1 of 23 , Feb 13, 2013
      -------- Original Message --------
      Jeri Ellsworth

      > >It's fine for OT:. ... we all likes games, and we all respect Jeri.
      >
      > All less 1 perhaps.
      >
      > --

      I personally don't care. Put me down for a "0" N/A.
      Message 2 of 23 , Feb 13, 2013
        Message 3 of 23 , Feb 13, 2013
          On Wed, 13 Feb 2013, B. Degnan wrote:

          > Jeri Ellsworth

          >>> You've mentioned that -- only techie I ever met who doesn't like games.
          >>
          >> Specifically, doesn't like video games. ;)
          >>
          >> --
          >
          > Oh, I thought you meant Jerri Ellsworth. I don't get why people are
          > obsessed with her. Nothing against her, but some people take it overboard
          > I think.

          That's because you're married. :-)

          Mike Loewen mloewen@...
        • Christopher Blackmon
          Message 4 of 23 , Feb 13, 2013

            > >You've mentioned that -- only techie I ever met who doesn't like games.
            >
            > Specifically, doesn't like video games. ;)
            >
            > --

            Oh, I thought you meant Jerri Ellsworth. I don't get why people are
            obsessed with her. Nothing against her, but some people take it overboard
            I think.

            bd

            ---------
            because her existence is in direct violation of rule 16.
            cb

          • Bryan Pope
            Message 5 of 23 , Feb 13, 2013
              On 2/13/2013 1:32 PM, Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman- wrote:

              evan@...> writes:

              >>> I know it's OT, but I felt it was worth posting.
              >
              >It's fine for OT:. ... we all likes games, and we all respect Jeri.

              All less 1 perhaps.

              But she does *not* make games.   She makes hardware!  *sigh*
              http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeri_Ellsworth

              She has also made *semiconductors*.  Is there anybody here that does not like semiconductors?!
              http://youtu.be/w_znRopGtbE

              Here is a demonstration of her homemade transistor...
              http://youtu.be/-Qph8BNrnLY

              Cheers,

              Bryan

            • Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman-
              Message 6 of 23 , Feb 13, 2013
                "B. Degnan" <billdeg@...> writes:

                >Oh, I thought you meant Jerri Ellsworth. I don't get why people are
                >obsessed with her. Nothing against her, but some people take it
                >overboard I think.

                Only the geeks here who don't have a real woman in their lives! :)

                She's somewhat of an enigma being she's a female in a generally male field.
                Applaud her achievements but don't dwell on her misfortunes. I do suspect
                that she will land safely on her feet somewhere else in short order.

                Message 7 of 23 , Feb 13, 2013
                  On Feb 13, 2013, at 1:39 PM, evan@... wrote:
                  >>> All less 1 perhaps.
                  >
                  > You've mentioned that -- only techie I ever met who doesn't like games.

                  Uhh: [raises hand]

                  Some of us actually do real work with technology. ;)

                  I played my first game in over twenty years at Festivus a few months ago. I made an exception for playng an Atari 2600 against Ian. ;)

                  Dave McGuire, AK4HZ