Re: [midatlanticretro] OT: UPDATE Valve fires many including Jeri Ellsworth

  • ekoblentz
    Message 1 of 23 , Feb 13, 2013
      >>> Globalthermonuclearwar

      >> How about a nice game of chess?

      Globalthermonuclearwar!!
      Message 2 of 23 , Feb 13, 2013
        -------- Original Message --------
        Jeri Ellsworth

        > >It's fine for OT:. ... we all likes games, and we all respect Jeri.
        >
        > All less 1 perhaps.
        >
        > --

        I personally don't care. Put me down for a "0" N/A.
        Message 3 of 23 , Feb 13, 2013
          Message 4 of 23 , Feb 13, 2013
            On Wed, 13 Feb 2013, B. Degnan wrote:

            > Jeri Ellsworth

            >>> You've mentioned that -- only techie I ever met who doesn't like games.
            >>
            >> Specifically, doesn't like video games. ;)
            >>
            >> --
            >
            > Oh, I thought you meant Jerri Ellsworth. I don't get why people are
            > obsessed with her. Nothing against her, but some people take it overboard
            > I think.

            That's because you're married. :-)

            Mike Loewen mloewen@...
          • Christopher Blackmon
            Message 5 of 23 , Feb 13, 2013

              > >You've mentioned that -- only techie I ever met who doesn't like games.
              >
              > Specifically, doesn't like video games. ;)
              >
              > --

              Oh, I thought you meant Jerri Ellsworth. I don't get why people are
              obsessed with her. Nothing against her, but some people take it overboard
              I think.

              bd

              ---------
              because her existence is in direct violation of rule 16.
              cb

            • Bryan Pope
              Message 6 of 23 , Feb 13, 2013
                On 2/13/2013 1:32 PM, Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman- wrote:

                evan@...> writes:

                >>> I know it's OT, but I felt it was worth posting.
                >
                >It's fine for OT:. ... we all likes games, and we all respect Jeri.

                All less 1 perhaps.

                But she does *not* make games.   She makes hardware!  *sigh*
                http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeri_Ellsworth

                She has also made *semiconductors*.  Is there anybody here that does not like semiconductors?!
                http://youtu.be/w_znRopGtbE

                Here is a demonstration of her homemade transistor...
                http://youtu.be/-Qph8BNrnLY

                Cheers,

                Bryan

              • Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman-
                Message 7 of 23 , Feb 13, 2013
                  "B. Degnan" <billdeg@...> writes:

                  >Oh, I thought you meant Jerri Ellsworth. I don't get why people are
                  >obsessed with her. Nothing against her, but some people take it
                  >overboard I think.

                  Only the geeks here who don't have a real woman in their lives! :)

                  She's somewhat of an enigma being she's a female in a generally male field.
                  Applaud her achievements but don't dwell on her misfortunes. I do suspect
                  that she will land safely on her feet somewhere else in short order.

                  Message 8 of 23 , Feb 13, 2013
                    On Feb 13, 2013, at 1:39 PM, evan@... wrote:
                    >>> All less 1 perhaps.
                    >
                    > You've mentioned that -- only techie I ever met who doesn't like games.

                    Uhh: [raises hand]

                    Some of us actually do real work with technology. ;)

                    I played my first game in over twenty years at Festivus a few months ago. I made an exception for playng an Atari 2600 against Ian. ;)

                    Dave McGuire, AK4HZ