OT: "The Americans"

  • ekoblentz
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 6, 2013
      Commodore PET sighting! They show two of them in the spy's travel agency office. One was Jeff B.'s.

      I was told by the prop woman the tonight or next week will show the Russian embassy and the DEC terminals that were formerly ours. Probably miscellaneous printers, AS3-33, etc. too.
    • ekoblentz
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 6, 2013
        >> They show two of them

        Oops, I meant "showed" in the past tense, right at the start of tonight's episode. So go look on Hulu or iTunes.
      • ekoblentz
        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 6, 2013
          >> violent and gross

          That's one of the things I like about it. Also the sex and politics.

          >> If you want to see old computers, I would suggest

          The thing is, they're not just any computers -- they're OUR computers (or they were before we sold them to the prop company.)
        • ekoblentz
          Message 4 of 9 , Feb 6, 2013
            ...and we see our DEC terminals, right in the last few minutes! First in the main embassy office and then in a private office. Neat-o.

            They also showed the PETs and various printers multiple times.
            Message 5 of 9 , Mar 11, 2013
              Good news: FX ordered a second season (13 more episodes) of "The Americans". I guess it's because viewers love all computer gear. :)

              Kidding aside, it really is a good show. I recommend catching up via Hulu or iTunes before diving into the current episodes.