Re: IMSAI 8080

  • joshbensadon
    Message 1 of 61 , Jan 31, 2013
      --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "DanielB" wrote:

      > I was wondering about that loose wire also. It's possible that it's not supposed to be connected to something permanently. On mine it's a stranded white with a piece of solid wire soldered on to the end. Someone also appears to have made a cap out of electrical tape to go on the end.
      >
      > I am probably going to stick with the Z80 CPU since I also got some disks of software that were originally used with this unit. Hopefully I will be able to get to the point where I can load from these disks.

      Hi Daniel,

      This group prefers "Bottom Post".

      I think very few Altair/Imsai boards would make use of the CPU refresh. Even those boards that did use Dynamic RAM would likely generate their own refresh.

      Yes, if you have software, then it's quite likely that you'll need the Z80 to execute it. Please do share your experience spinning those disks.

      Cheers,
      Josh
    • DanielB
      Message 61 of 61 , May 14, 2013
        Yep, front panel is working good now. One odd thing I have run into is that from the Zapple monitor I can write to the SMB's onboard RAM, but I cannot write to the RAM on the memory board but I can write to the memory board from the front panel.

        Dan