Re: [midatlanticretro] Re: IMSAI 8080

  • Systems Glitch
    Message 1 of 61 , Jan 30, 2013
      > Let me know if anyone can identify the printer. It appears to be some sort of dot matrix printer that prints on adding machine tape. There are no identifying markings anywhere on the unit, although the lid is missing so that might be where the manufacturer's name an model number were.

      I don't know that printer's exact model, but many printers were made in a similar form factor as "printing meters." Basically you fed them ASCII or BCD output from another actual gauge/meter, and instead of the value being displayed on a mechanical or digital meter, it was printed. This allowed for super-simple data logging.

      Thanks,
      Jonathan
    • DanielB
      Message 61 of 61 , May 14, 2013
        Yep, front panel is working good now. One odd thing I have run into is that from the Zapple monitor I can write to the SMB's onboard RAM, but I cannot write to the RAM on the memory board but I can write to the memory board from the front panel.

        Dan