Alphacom Intelligent Terminal

    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 30, 2013

      Anyone ever seen something like this from the late 60's? It's a portable
      terminal that stored custom forms. Came with a carrying case.

      I picked up this Alphacom intelligent terminal from a seller out of
      Scranton on Ebay. Looks like a SOL-20, but from 1969-1971 period. Wow.
      I don't expect any actual computer functionality, but ... quite a find
      nonetheless.

      Bill
    • Ray Sills
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 30, 2013
        On Jan 30, 2013, at 6:23 PM, B. Degnan wrote:

        > http://vintagecomputer.net/browse_thread.cfm?id=502
        >
        > Anyone ever seen something like this from the late 60's? It's a
        > portable
        > terminal that stored custom forms. Came with a carrying case.
        >
        > I picked up this Alphacom intelligent terminal from a seller out of
        > Scranton on Ebay. Looks like a SOL-20, but from 1969-1971 period.
        > Wow.
        > I don't expect any actual computer functionality, but ... quite a find
        > nonetheless.
        >
        > Bill

        I remember the name Alphacom being associated with a compact printer.
        I think it was a thermal paper printer... maybe 4.5" wide.

        73 de Ray
      • DougCrawford
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 31, 2013
          --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "B. Degnan" wrote:

          > http://vintagecomputer.net/browse_thread.cfm?id=502
          >
          > Anyone ever seen something like this from the late 60's? It's a portable
          > terminal that stored custom forms. Came with a carrying case.
          >
          > I picked up this Alphacom intelligent terminal from a seller out of
          > Scranton on Ebay. Looks like a SOL-20, but from 1969-1971 period. Wow.
          > I don't expect any actual computer functionality, but ... quite a find
          > nonetheless.
          >
          > Bill

          Interesting piece!