Re: [midatlanticretro] Re: Original Mac introduction question

  • Rich Cini
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 30, 2013
      Thanks Dave. I had forgotten about Andy's folklore.org. IMHO the slide show demo is something that should be located and preserved. I have a Fat Mac at home and it would be awesome to run the demo on it.

      Rich Cini
      Sent from my iPhone

      On Jan 29, 2013, at 11:55 PM, David Greelish <dgreelish@...> wrote:

      Does anyone know anything about the mechanics of this demo? It appears to
      show static screens so I'm assuming it's a slide show? Has it ever been
      released into the wild?

      Hi Rich,

      Here's the story as told by Andy Hertzfeld, "It Sure Is Great To Get Out Of That Bag!" http://folklore.org/StoryView.py?project=Macintosh&story=Intro_Demo.txt&topic=The%20Launch&sortOrder=Sort%20by%20Date&detail=medium

      Best,

      David Greelish
      - Computer Historian, Writer, Podcaster & Speaker
      - Founder of the Atlanta Historical Computing Society

      Producer of the Vintage Computer Festival Southeast 1.0 - 4/20 & 4/21, 2013

      http://about.me/davidgreelish

    • joshbensadon
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 30, 2013
        Does anyone know anything about the "u SOKiT 68" ? (u=micro)
        from CompuKits? Circa 1982. York Museum has a manual for this educational kit computer, but I'm looking for pictures and origin.
        The manual shows schematics of the 6800 computer, using 2 boards. Schematics date back to 1976, board versions date 1980 to 1982.

        Thanks,
        Josh